Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Proposal] Low end VoIP from $5/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Proposal] Low end VoIP from $5/month

2»

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@William said:
    Anything Austria? +431 +43316 or +43720 maybe?

+4372011XXXX Available

@dedicados said:
    can you have phone from mexico? if yes im interested too

We can, +52229910 - $0.005/min rate to most mexican numbers (Up to $0.04 for mobiles)

But these numbers are premium and will cost more, we have yet to finalize the pricing, but its only $2 more for a Mexican number.

Thanked by 1dedicados

As an added note we will be supporting Zoiper clients only, use of other sip clients will be best-effort/low priority

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited August 2015

I'd first be interested in how many years of experience you have in the telephone business and VoIP. This is a highly specialized business and only a couple years of working with this counts you as a newbie. What will be the quality of your routing? Do you have experience with porting, and do you actually port DIDs? Who is going to provide the DIDs for you, assuming that you're not going to become a CLEC? Do you know how to deal with an e911 setup? (yes, that's required by law). Speaking of law, have you been reading up on telecommunications laws? They're pretty complicated.

The competition out there is pretty stiff. I like Callcentric because they're part of a CLEC (Telengy), but they're not the cheapest although they do offer free NY numbers with high quality sound. They even offer excellent support for their free accounts! FutureNine is run by somebody with many years experience and the service will be here for many years to come. For $5 per month you get a US number, 2000 free minutes, and very competent management. Also check out CircleNet. Sam is an old telephone profesional and can offer $1.50 per month plus $0.002 per minute for numbers in UK, US, and Canada. This is quality routing from an expert who didn't just get into the business a few years ago. Hard to beat.

The thing is that the VoIP business has already experienced the race to the bottom and the "low end" priced services are now either run by extremely experienced companies, or they're just garbage. Which will you be?

• ATHKATHK Member

How about Australia :)?

• ATHK said: How about Australia :)?

It's one of the more expensive ones: $4.00 per month +$0.002 per minute from CircleNet. I'd say best bet is to buy bulk from them and resell with value added.

• @Ole_Juul said:

Are you kidding me? Australian DIDs go for sub $0.50 wholesale. DIDLogic sells Aussie DIDs for $1.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Gunter said: Are you kidding me? Australian DIDs go for sub $0.50 wholesale. DIDLogic sells Aussie DIDs for $1.

I just picked what I knew, but you're right, DIDLogic looks good. It's hard to compare without looking into it, and people have different needs too. In a quick look at their services, it does look like there are a few things missing that someone may want, like porting your number out if you decide to change provider. Also 911 is generally considered a must have, and costs 50 cents to 2 dollars per month. So that's one thing that makes them cheaper. Another is the quality of caller ID, which may not be so good. That's hard to get right across borders and to keep right. It also costs the company money to provide. Like I say, it depends on what one wants. DIDLogic doesn't seem to have much of a reputation (good or bad) and have neither a legal or physical presence in North America. In fact I'm not sure anybody knows where they reside. Anyway, they may be worth using for some things, but I'm just saying what I would look at when comparing prices.

• @gunter How many Australian DIDs do I need to buy to get that price (10, 100, 1000, etc)? Additionally, which CLEC/reseller is offering that?

@Ole_Juul Which provider is offering $0.50/month E911? $2 a month for E911 is definitely on the high side, most are below $1 a month.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited August 2015

attar said: Which provider is offering $0.50/month E911? $2 a month for E911 is definitely on the high side, most are below $1 a month.

Can't remember who was 50 cents, but I'm pretty sure one of the usual suspects. Anyway, I was going on memory here since it's been a while since I've been on top of this. Perhaps I remember incorrectly and nobody is as high as $2. In fact I know I remember incorrectly because I thought Callcentric (which I use) was just under that, but I was wrong. I just checked and their cost recovery fee for 911 is $1.50, but yes even that is a bit on the high side. As you probably guessed, I didn't chose that provider on price alone.

• Nope, I want more extensions

• How much for UK / HK numbers? Would we be able to port our numbers to you?

Struggling to find a provider who can offer both HK numbers for cheaper than Skype.

Would you be able to receive SMS on your numbers?

• rm_ said: Mkay maybe Skype is not a good comparison then.

http://www.callwithus.com/showrates/U

United Kingdom Mobile 447000 0.0095

Less than 1 ¢/min, so yours is 5x more expensive?

>

I'm amazed at those prices, almost worth the 100ms extra latency to their servers from the UK! Anyone know a UK provider that comes close to this? The lowest I've seen for UK mobile before this is around 7p/min.

• eloftyelofty Member
    edited September 2015

@tehdan said:
    I'm amazed at those prices, almost worth the 100ms extra latency to their servers from the UK! Anyone know a UK provider that comes close to this? The lowest I've seen for UK mobile before this is around 7p/min.

Didlogic are around 2.7c per min for uk mobiles. (roughly 1.75p) and have servers in the UK (all over the world too)