Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec increases IP pricing. Are they reliable? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec increases IP pricing. Are they reliable?

2»

Comments

• ip have big supply. dirty company greedy ip. time audit company ips. take ips. fraud.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Actually, it is good, maybe this is why iana and puppies do not enforce it too harsh, the faster they run out, the better.

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

@randvegeta Source please. RIPE is currently allocating out of 185/8 which was never used before.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Define before, I use it since a year I think.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@patrick7,

Allow me to correct myself.

"APNIC/ARIN/RIPE are now allocating IPs from their final /8 or from 'reclaimed' IPs."

Better? In any case, you an only get a maximum of a /22 these days. Be it from the last /8 or from reclaimed IPs only, the result is the same for providers. They will run out of IPs and need to find an appropriate price balance. Sell too cheap and they actually lose money as they wont effectively be able to use their existing capacity like data centre space!

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Yes. In my opinion is that our RIRs allocated too much space in the past for things where public space is not necessary (or there should have been more justification for IP space - no one can tell me any reason why our local university needs to give out public IPs at their Wifi and fill several /16 with that).