Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kloxo & ssl question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kloxo & ssl question

qwerty6666qwerty6666 Member
edited November 2011 in General

Hi guys i should have post those question here before posting on webhosting talk i still got no answer there =) user here are more professional so i'm sure i'll have answer :D

Hi guys i'm thinking about adding a ssl certificate to one of my domain . i have a vps with kloxo running on it .

I've read this tutorial and i still have some question : http://www.a2hosting.com/resource-ce...seful-features

1) for the certificate what information i use the certificate compagny or my information ? also what i enter in organisation and departement box ?

screen :
http://i28.lulzimg.com/0db64df677.jpg

2) in the tutorial they say

"""Quote: Give the SSL certificate a name and fill in the appropriate information in the boxes. Please keep in mind that an ssl certificate for "www.domain.com" is different from just "domain.com" so be sure to specify version of your domain you want the SSL certificate on. Click the "Add" button once you have filled in the appropriate information. "'''''

so do i need to do the certificat twice in the kloxo panel and enter both csr code in the apropriate section of my registrar or i can only have domain.com OR www.domain.com but not both at the same time ?

3) what is the complete step to install it propely ?

• Enter the info to add the certificate to kloxo
  • take csr code and use it in the registrar of ssl
  • add the certificate to the ip in the kloxo panel
  • Should work ? or i am missing something .. ?

4) Will using a ssl on my domain will increase the ram usage on the vps or it wont really have an impact

Thank for your time & answers

Qwerty6666

Comments

• Let's see, you are using a "self signed" certificate right? Or you already bought it. Because if you bought it it must have already that information o_O

So, put what you want in it.

About the memory, the impact is minimal, you won't notice it.

And about the certificate for different domains. If is a self signed it will appear as untrusted for your browser anyway. And yes, you can use the same certificate for multiple domains (and still untrusted but works).

By the way, if your sites are in the same box/IP address, you can use just one SSL cert. (this can be override with the recent standards, but that's another story).