Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMS Gateway with API
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMS Gateway with API

Hi
I am looking to implement a custom email checking solution .It will send all priority email notifications via SMS.It will check again and again via Cron job.My country is Pakistan and my carrier is Warid. please tell me of any free SMS gateway with api.I don't need much usage even 10-20 SMS per day would be good but higher is always better :-)

Comments

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

They might not have an API, not really sure, but we've been using SMSMail.com. It's really simple, you just mail {number}@smsmail.com with your message and away it goes :-)

You can specify a sender number or name, and you buy credits in bulk, at a fairly good price.

Really simple. Worth checking out.

Thanked by 1noaman
  • Will check it out

• elgselgs Member

I don't think free is possible. https://www.twilio.com/ provides API, but it's not free.

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

This might surprise you, but you have to pay for some things. This is one of those things.

If you can raise your budget above "nothing", I recommend https://www.textplode.com/ who have a simple API and excellent pricing.

Code: https://github.com/loadingdeck/Textplode/tree/master

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Also Nexmo has an api for SMS sending and also for text to speech phone calls.

• Nexmo is awesome. Onverify is my 2nd pick

• No harm in asking is there?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

twilio, clickatell... oh you want free? like jhadley says... pay for it if you want it.

failing that you could maybe fudge together some code that'd take advantage of the crumbs of free sms's across various sites.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Twilio works pretty well, definitely will have to pay for something like this. Even if you find something that's free you will most likely get 0% reliability for what you said would be priority e-mails.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

We have been using http://www.clockworksms.com/ for a few years now, zero complaints, super simple API and ways to send and receive SMSs

• Thanx people... For your opinionopinions..I will check these out...if there are other options do mention please

• You can use an android phone with sms gateway api (free).
    Of course you'll need a sim card and some sms package.

• easyeasy Member
    edited August 2015

edited

• @muratai specify one but I am not sure that is what I am looking .It might be other way around

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Like others have said, I'd recommend Nexmo, been using them for quite a while with no problems :-) very cheap too.

• like a lowend vps .I could do 4-5 bucks per year :-p

• yea, no, international SMS pricing is around 5c to all networks - So if you can work with 100 SMS/yr then your 5$ budget is doable.

• terrahost said: SMSMail.com

"SORRY: SMSMail.com is CLOSING! No new registrations possible:"

• you can buy a dirt cheap android and use this for free
    smsgateway.me

• elgselgs Member

@muratai said:
    You can use an android phone with sms gateway api (free).
    Of course you'll need a sim card and some sms package.

Or an SMS modem with Gammu. We used to use a pool of 8 SMS modems with Gammu happily.

• Gammu is just an sms manager. You can do most using gammu what you can do with your cellphone.

Take a look at kannel instead where you can have a lot of gsm modems.

• Will try these options too....I could set up my own...But i am looking for a 24/7 working solution and using an android mobile doesn't cut it

• I am sending alerts from my server to an android phone and making my phone a server is simply ...let say stupid....and a 24/7 hours on a mobilr phone .....where would I collocate it...use my home WiFi or cellular data...both options just not acceptable

• @noaman said:
    I am sending alerts from my server to an android phone and making my phone a server is simply ...let say stupid....and a 24/7 hours on a mobilr phone .....where would I collocate it...use my home WiFi or cellular data...both options just not acceptable

It seems nothing acceptable for you. You don't want to pay, you want to use it for your internal projects. You want reliability. You don't get all at once.

Android phone with sms gateway is pretty much reliable.

• professional cost money

• Look...I will try Ur way....

• But first I need to set up the android phone