Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like Dacentec is offline (EDIT: back online now)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looks like Dacentec is offline (EDIT: back online now)

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Website is offline, billing system is and so are the servers on their network...major downtime.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Nope, my node with them is online.

Which reminds me: I still have plenty of space on there, doing custom quotes for really low pricing just to fill it up :D

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Our nodes with them are currently down. @Alex_LiquidHost can you access their billing center.

Yup, loads fine Ryan

Well our nodes were down, looks like they are back up now.

• seems like "completely offline" was a bit premature...

According to my monitoring system, my nodes haven't gone down. Might been some routing issues?

• For the people who ARE down... maybe do some traceroutes etc?

• Came back for me as well, but they were down.

Weird.

Well I had some problems with them recentely - like the rDNS panel not working, messed up order and etc. However they are efficient and resolve things fast and smoothly. I like them. I actually really like them, especially for the pricing.

I wouldn't have gone as far as saying completely down, mainly because dacentec.com was loading, but their billing.dacentec.com/hostbill wasn't loading for me when I went to put in a ticket. Glad they resolved it quickly.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I couldn't get to dacentec.com or billing.dacentec.com, or either of our systems there. Oh well, their response time to such issues has been very acceptable. Fixed before I could freak out :P

• Or just call them :P

@HalfEatenPie said: Or just call them :P

Does the iPhone do that? Sometimes it makes a loud noise and people's phone numbers appear, but I thought they were just paging me. I always text back.

• @jarland said: Does the iPhone do that? Sometimes it makes a loud noise and people's phone numbers appear, but I thought they were just paging me. I always text back.

Back in my day, a cell phone is what you used to call your pappy to get you out of jail!

• Pingdom showed ours were down for 15minutes.

From the MTR I was doing it looked like the issue was with the Comcast link in Atlanta as thats where the packet drop started for me.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

We had a fiber break in our telco room, it caused a network outage of approx. 10 minutes.

Everything is back up and online.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8428701&postcount=14

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

One of my clients has a Dacentec server via me. I've not had to submit many tickets really, however their service is excellent and their network has also been excellent for me

• @Dionysus said: Is it just me or is Dacentec's network unstable and their hard drives slow?

I've seen the opposite. One of the few Gbit providers who actually can push above 20-25 M/s.

Also their hard drives were fast ~ 130-140 MB/s I believe. Had the server up until yesterday. Didn't need it any more. But they have great deals.

• I show 99.94% uptime for that DC for the past month. Not bad considering the pricing. And that figure includes tonight's outage.

Is it just me or is Dacentec's network unstable and their hard drives slow?

They've had a couple small issues but the speed at which they've resolved them has been more than acceptable. As for the drives, they're certainly fast enough for single drives. They do offer some SAS drives that run a bit faster.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: They've had a couple small issues but the speed at which they've resolved them has been more than acceptable. As for the drives, they're certainly fast enough for single drives. They do offer some SAS drives that run a bit faster.

+1 on the point that they resolve things quickly. Support is extremely quick.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

@Dionysus said: Is it just me or is Dacentec's network unstable and their hard drives slow?

No, it is not just you. I have two servers with them, one is fine and the other is slow.

The one that is slow pulls 70 MB/s in sequential writes under Linux. Although under Windows, it pulls 130 in both writes and reads...

Have no clue....

edited November 2012

70 MB/s in sequential writes

That's not bad at all. I mean yeah there's faster single drives but that's plenty. You can mail them a replacement drive as well. There's a lot of things you can do to tweak disk performance.