Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How-to install Openstack all-in-one server that have multiple IPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How-to install Openstack all-in-one server that have multiple IPs?

Hi everyone,

I have 1 server, it has 5IPs. I am trying to install Openstack on that server and assign these IPs to instances (about 4 or 5 instances) to make them accessible from/to the internet with dedicated IP. I have searched over for a week, investigate and follow countless tutorials but got nothing. Can you guys recommend me an architecture or a tutorial? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I think the problems is most tutorials now are using neutron and with neutron you will need at least 2 ethernet ports. if you have that setup, you should take a look at the Redhat RDO community. lost of tutorials in there.

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • I want to know. why openstack? opennebula will be better. ( I used it before with a deadpool provider, @GoodHosting, and this control panel is great.)

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited August 2015

Hello, please check out this video by one of Red Hat's Enterprise Open Source Advisor, Theodore Marmanidis:

It does not require 2 ethernet ports.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

I've managed to set it up on a single eth port, without much issues.

• @AlexBarakov said:
    Hello,

I've managed to set it up on a single eth port, without much issues.

Could you please guide me or give me a tutorial? Thanks.

• i installed openstack on single server without any issue. I used ubuntu 12.04 64 bit dedicated server