Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vstoike has dropped the prices for their VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vstoike has dropped the prices for their VPS

kingpinkingpin Member
edited August 2015 in Providers

Vstoike is a Russian internet host based in St. Petersburg, and ICYMI, they have dropped prices by 20% for their KVM plans (seems like new annual subscriptions only).

For example, 512M KVM with 3TB throughput and 30 GiB HDD plan is now at just 1920 rubles which is around $30. Check out their other plans here https://secure.vstoike.ru/cart/virtual-server/

I have one VPS with them which is running for 4 months now, and I have never had an issue with it.

They have appeared a few times on LEB (http://lowendbox.com/?s=vstoike&searchsubmit=Find) and the customers comments seem to be generally positive.

I would pick up another (cheaper) one but hate the idea of reinstalling the software from scratch and moving my data.

Comments

• Also applies for already bought plans?

• Mine hasn't changed unfortunately. That's why I mentioned data move.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2015

I have a vStoike VPS since 7 months now that I use as VPN. Works absolutely fine - no complaints at all. It works so well that I nearly forgot that I use it on a daily basis. Never had to contact support, so I cannot comment on that, but would recommend them anytime. I aready pay that lower price (they had a promo so time ago).

• sinsin Member

Which plans changed in pricing? $4.80 has always been the price of their lowest plan (at least for the few months I have been considering picking one up).

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited August 2015

Oops, I see what you mean now. In fact, the price is unchanged if you pay on a monthly basis while the annual pricing is lower now, by 20%. I ordered my VPS for 2400 roubles back in April which was $45.7 at the time (1 US dollar = 52.5 roubles), and the new price is 1920 roubles which is $30 (1 US dollar = 63.8 roubles) now. I should have mentioned the billing cycle. I beg my pardon.

Thanked by 1sin
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

kingpin said: Oops, I see what you mean now. In fact, the price is unchanged if you pay on a monthly basis while the annual pricing is lower now, by 20%. I ordered my VPS for 2400 roubles back in April which was $45.7 at the time (1 US dollar = 52.5 roubles), and the new price is 1920 roubles which is $30 (1 US dollar = 63.8 roubles) now. I should have mentioned the billing cycle. I beg my pardon.

There is no point in posting rouble prices here, I believe they accept orders with payments in RUB only from customers in Russia. // Oh, @bersy already posted a link to an official comment that yes this is correct.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited August 2015

I wonder then if the price on annual subscriptions has dropped for customers outside Russia also, or for Russian Federation citizens only.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

kingpin said: I wonder then if the price on annual subscriptions has also dropped for customers outside Russia.

It was $38.1/year, now $38.4/year, so no, it has increased a tiny bit.

• Still, a good news for me and fellow citizens out there! q-: