Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows LEB's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows LEB's

kaliuskalius Member
edited November 2012 in General

Any recommendations on windows VPS at LEB prices? Or close?
I would prefer something US based. I haven't seen any offers with windows options lately.

thanks

Comments

• For US based, try Urpad, @FTN_Kevin
    FOr EU based, go with @Prometeus @Maounique

• What version of Windows are you looking for? 2003/2008 or 2012? Web/Standard/Enterprise?

Cheers

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

How much memory/cpu are you looking for? Do you prefer KVM or Xen HVM? (yes, we're testing KVM)

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited November 2012

Buyvm is probably the few hosts that offer cheap windows vps. Their $5 KVM meets LEB price

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Xen HVM is best for Windows and KVM is buggy for windows :(

• @DewlanceVPS said: KVM is buggy for windows :(

Care to back that up with some specifics?

• @DewlanceVPS We don´t have an problems with windows and KVM on lot´s of servers. Install the virtio drivers and all should be fine.

@kalius If you have a own license, you can use all providers that offers Xen HVM or KVM.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@craigb said: Care to back that up with some specifics?

Ours are KVM, the first node is up since install (113 days) and with Virtio Drivers everything runs smoothly with about 30% load.

• We do Windows with Xen-HVMs.

• @kalius

I love @NodeDeploy's KVM plans

• @BronzeByte thanks for the recommendation :-)
    @Kalius we can do you a GB ram and 10GB hd for $5 (with 2003 you'd have ~7GB disk left)

Phil

• @raidlogic any version should work for me

I'm looking to offload some things, my home server is overlooked(no torrents /email) if it's too costly or I have to build license it's better to upgrade my setup.

@concerto49 I would love 2 cores and 1gig but I'm flexible

• @philnd

can you send me details?
    Location(s) # of cores, test ip and test file.
    Includes license?

• PhilNDPhilND Member
    edited November 2012

@Kalius

Sure, Located in LA:

Testfiles/IP: ophion.nodedeploy.com / http://ophion.nodedeploy.com/100mb.test
    Cores: 3
    License: For $5? Not gonna happen :(

Phil

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

@PhilND said: License: For $5? Not gonna happen :(

Wait, you mean you don't include the world for that $5!

• @philnd lower custom deals possible too?

• @DewlanceVPS said: Xen HVM is best for Windows and KVM is buggy for windows :(

I don't know where you get your information, but KVM is working perfectly for me with Windows.

License is about 160 Eur for 2 sockets, roughly 2 Eur per VPS if you are going to oversell like hell IOPS and put 80 there, or 4 if you go with the regular 40 or so in 64 RAM. 4 eur is just the license for an honest provider, maybe some are getting it cheaper, but at least 3. You wont find a 1 GB KVM at 2 Eur if the provider is not mad or a thief.

• We're not oversellng ram at all :-) what you pay for is what you get! for the price, we just cannot and will not provide a license.

@GetKVM_Ash

We do try to give as much as we can! You get a free hug with it aswell well worth the $5 :p

@djvdorp

Not on KVM I'm afraid. OVZ we can do what you need though!

• @PhilND said: Not on KVM I'm afraid. OVZ we can do what you need though!

I was wondering with like 512mb ram but dunno if it suits windows. Can you PM me the specs of the 1gb plan above?

No worry, it fits just fine, i was able to run inside 1 vm together with openoffice, adobe reader, browser with 8 tabs+flash and gimp+some other things i dont remember at the same time without lag.
    It depends on hardware.

• @djvdorp sure, sent!