Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr suspended NetworkPanda's services without prior notifications - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr suspended NetworkPanda's services without prior notifications

Comments

• @Maounique said:

If a customer gets hacked they should have their own backups, I don't know if networkpanada avertised their backups or not. But I would go with a company that says we keep offsite backups then ones that just say we keep backups somewhere.

Though the offsite backups could still be a problem of the offsite is still the same provider just in a different datacenter.

• I suffered a major loss with the data loss. I don't have any reason to not believe NetworkPanda. Vultr have had gangster like attitude even with their VPS customers.

I am terminating 2 of my VPS's with them today.

At least they should've let NP have a copy of the data held. Appalling! Expensive lesson learnt!

• At the least you should have had your own backups to prevent any loss.

• LeeLee Veteran

@realbusiness no backups! Ha!

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I messed up with the manual backups! But this is an expensive price to pay for other people' mistakes.

• It's your own fault, @realbusiness (what a ironic nickname!)

Thanked by 3Peroni angrysnarl ucxo
  • I would say that we have all had backups mess up on us. That's why many of us do so many. Just in case the newest is bad theres one from yesterday to fall back on.

• Is there any way to take automated backups in cPanel?

• @realbusiness said:
    Is there any way to take automated backups in cPanel?

Of course.

• realbusiness said: Is there any way to take automated backups in cPanel?

Yes, you can configure daily, weekly, monthly backups through WHM. Please see: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Backup+Configuration

• But they happen on the same server, so in case of data loss, I still don't have anything to rely upon?

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited August 2015

You can have local destination + any of these:

@realbusiness said:
    But they happen on the same server, so in case of data loss, I still don't have anything to rely upon?

• LeeLee Veteran

realbusiness said: But they happen on the same server.

Only if you choose to, you could use SFTP to connect to a backup vps/server or even connect directly to Amazon S3. But surely you know this right?

• @k0nsl said:
    You can have local destination + any of these:

Are you sure this is in cPanel? I have used cPanel for many years and have never seen that once.

• @Lee said:

No, so far for cPanel stuff (non-wp) I manually create a backup and then save it in my computer?

• I thought we spoke about WHM because that's what @GIANT_CRAB linked to and what you replied to.

@realbusiness said:
    Are you sure this is in cPanel? I have used cPanel for many years and have never seen that once.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

It's not in cPanel, it's in WHM.

• realbusinessrealbusiness Member
    edited August 2015

I am an end user and haven't used WHM and most companies only give us cPanel. What solutions do I have for automated backup?

I want to make sure that it never happens to me again!

• Ask your provider to implement a solution for remote backups.

@realbusiness said:
    I am an end user and haven't used WHM and most companies only give us cPanel. What solutions do I have for automated backup?

I want to make sure that it never happens to me again!

• I am going to give this a try and see what comes out of it.
    https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/915

• Is CpRemote end user installable?

• No.

@lazyt said:
    Is CpRemote end user installable?

• LeeLee Veteran

There is also this

https://whmeasybackup.com/

However you would need a reseller account to use it.

• Thank you! You chaps are helpful!

• damn.. f**k that, i have/had 2-3 websites hosted on their germany location.. :-/

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Catalin said: damn.. f**k that, i have/had 2-3 websites hosted on their germany location.. :-/

Good news is the websites must not have been important if you only realized two weeks after they disappeared.

• @perennate said:
    Good news is the websites must not have been important if you only realized two weeks after they disappeared.

yes they were not so important, but still..

• realbusinessrealbusiness Member
    edited August 2015

@realbusiness said:
    I am going to give this a try and see what comes out of it.
    https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/915

I tried this script on two separate cPanel accounts with separate providers and unfortunately neither of them worked!

First account error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/bin/php on line 3873

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/bin/php on line 3873

Second account error:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.12

Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Failed to open socket connection... Bailing out!n

Back to square one!

• Sorry but you should always have backups on other servers that are not in the same DC.

This discussion has been closed.