Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly Windows VPS

Hi all,
I know that there is probably a thousand other threads with the same topic, but I was wondering if any of you could help me?

I need a VPS, paid yearly, that is capible of running Windows Server 2003. I can provide ISO and License key. Payment Method doesn't matter but PayPal is preferred.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• I'm looking for the same but with more flexible requirements (XP SP3, own ISO). Not sure how cheap these can get.

• Guys. Buy a KVM and run Qemu.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Guys. Buy a KVM and run Qemu.

Thanks a lot for suggesting to NOT follow our providers' TOS. If a VPS is not intended to run Windows, the provider should have its own reasons, don't you think?

It really is a good image for the MyServerPlanet brand ( @MSPNick ) to know that you guys condone doing so in your KVMs. I will run 5 Qemus in a KVM of yours now!

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2015

BuyVM?

I tried integrating VirtIO drivers into XP with nLite but couldn't get it to work on Vultr. I know BuyVM include 2003 though from 256MB upwards KVM plans.

• hostnoob said: I tried integrating VirtIO drivers into XP with nLite but couldn't get it to work on Vultr. I know BuyVM include 2003 though from 256MB upwards KVM plans.

Pm'd you the fix for your first problem.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @Traffic said:
    It really is a good image for the MyServerPlanet brand ( MSPNick ) to know that you guys condone doing so in your KVMs. I will run 5 Qemus in a KVM of yours now!

Go for it. Have fun finding a KVM. :) and I don't work for MSP ;)

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Go for it. Have fun finding a KVM. :) and I don't work for MSP ;)

1. I won't publish it here (don't want to hurt Nick's biz) but MSP has KVMs.

2. You do. Don't make me post screenshots.

• @gibster said:
    Hi all,
    I know that there is probably a thousand other threads with the same topic, but I was wondering if any of you could help me?

I need a VPS, paid yearly, that is capible of running Windows Server 2003. I can provide ISO and License key. Payment Method doesn't matter but PayPal is preferred.

Many thanks in advance

Budget?

• @jason25 said:
    Budget?

Preferably nothing above 40$/yr. But if the specs are good I suppose I could stretch further

• @gibster do you have a price range? I haven't formalized plans & pricing yet, but can do Xen HVM in Kansas.

• Traffic said: You do. Don't make me post screenshots.

Mate - Post them or shut up.

Thanked by 1William
  • @gibster We can accomplish this for you. I'll send you a Pm shortly with some details.

@Traffic We can upload your ISO to our system and allow you to run/install Windows.

• @HostNun said:
    gibster do you have a price range? I haven't formalized plans & pricing yet, but can do Xen HVM in Kansas.

≤40$/yr

• I Can

XEon X5650
    1GB RAM
    60GB HDD RAID10
    Por 1 gigabits
    Bandwith 500GB
    1 Ip
    DC: LA
    $48.00/y

• WHTWHT Member

Intresting how cheap offers for running windows. Maybe you guys have no experience with the IO that is used by only one win server.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

@kcaj said:
    Mate - Post them or shut up.

1.- I am not your mate.

2.- You don't get to tell me what to do. I don't respect you enough to even consider your words.

3.- Seeing you're so inclined, research it yourself. It was posted here at one point.

Have a nice day!

• @gibster disk space, RAM & bandwidth requirements?

• @hostnoob said:
    BuyVM?

I tried integrating VirtIO drivers into XP with nLite but couldn't get it to work on Vultr. I know BuyVM include 2003 though from 256MB upwards KVM plans.

have you try to integrate the drivers on windows7? because xp drivers may not work.

or try this: http://getvps.ninja/2015/08/how-to-install-windows-10-vps/

• Yeah I've got 7/2008 onwards working, but XP doesn't have a load driver feature (other than by floppy disk) so I always used nLite for custom XP builds (for my own laptops) but I've got it working now thanks to @Traffic anyway :)

Thanked by 2racksx Traffic
  • @gibster You do know that Windows Server 2003 is considered End of Life as of July 14. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

If you have a valid Windows license take a look at MCH $18/yr KVM offer in Canada.

If Europe is OK, vStoike (Russia) has $32/yr KVM offer, custom ISO and BYOL is supported to my knowledge.

• @Traffic said:
    2. You do. Don't make me post screenshots.

I help out NATVPS. I don't work for MSP.

Also I've not seen any KVMs from Nick plus from what I've been told Qemu is allowed on OpenVZ providing you don't abuse any resources.

• @techhelper1 said:
    gibster You do know that Windows Server 2003 is considered End of Life as of July 14. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/

It is for that specific reason that I want a 2003 VPS - I run a small technology blog and am comparing 2003 and 2012 for the differences

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We offer Windows plans and you can bring your own ISO/license, although we do offer Windows 2012 R2 for free. I do believe our pricing is close to what you require after discounts, but I'm not sure what specifications you need. Private message me or contact our support to get a quote.