Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwagon cheap plans have gone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandwagon cheap plans have gone?

Just hopped around to Bandwagon website, and surprisingly their cheap plans had gone?

Comments

• Now that ARIN doesn't hand out any more IPs such plans don't make sense for the providers.

• They could offer Nat plans if that was the problem

• spammyspammy Member
    edited August 2015

xvmlabs is a sub-brand of BW I believe.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Since ARIN is out of IPs we have to acquire them at the market price. It takes time and is not cheap at all. We're also looking into leasing. But the bottom line is - IPs are going to be a much more expensive resource for us so I am afraid Micro plans are pretty much out of question.

We did some research on IPv4 NAT+IPv6. Unfortunately right now it does not look like a feasible alternative even for smallest plans as having even few customers on the same IP means we have to deal with a lot more mediation (ie when one IP gets ddos-ed, we now have a few dozen offline customers etc). We are still trying a few things though so NAT may still happen.

• @dcc said:
    Since ARIN is out of IPs we have to acquire them at the market price. It takes time and is not cheap at all. We're also looking into leasing. But the bottom line is - IPs are going to be a much more expensive resource for us so I am afraid Micro plans are pretty much out of question.

We did some research on IPv4 NAT+IPv6. Unfortunately right now it does not look like a feasible alternative even for smallest plans as having even few customers on the same IP means we have to deal with a lot more mediation (ie when one IP gets ddos-ed, we now have a few dozen offline customers etc). We are still trying a few things though so NAT may still happen.

Then don't advertise it as a NAT service with IPv6. Advertise is as a IPV6 service with NAT.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • If you mean their yearly plans with "cheap" - well, I got a 64MB and 96MB one. Both are pretty good ;) Using them as DNS servers.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

@TinyTunnel_Tom nice idea! But that won't really prevent the tickets in case one of the ipv4s gets nullrouted :)

• @dcc said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom nice idea! But that won't really prevent the tickets in case one of the ipv4s gets nullrouted :)

It won't but it take a bit of an LES approach. If it has a forum (xvm does). If they send a ticket with an issue already highlighted in the forum close it.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

XVMLabs does not support sending of tickets in WHMCS... :)

• @Radi said:
    XVMLabs does not support sending of tickets in WHMCS... :)

Yep. Makes it all the better.