Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlienVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlienVPS

2»

Comments

• Nice one @Spirit :)

• PMed individual nodes addresses. I hope it helps.

• true.Last year I got one,and it reboot the server every day.

• Have you not heard of the autoboot feature?

• I suddenly notice that AlienVPS still advertise on LET sidebar.

• AlienVPS is highly variable. I had one VPS (now cancelled) that was down several times a week; a VPS on a different node has been up for 247 days and has minimal network blips.

I can't really complain about them considering I'm getting a DDoS-protected VPS for an unbelievable price.

• USed them as a Solus master... bad mistake; had downtime atleast 90hours/month.

• ? DDoS-protected VPS ?

Yeah, you are DDoS proof when your server is offline.

• @pubcrawler said: ? DDoS-protected VPS ?

They copied @Francisco, they've got a server at Awknet and route the clean traffic back to their nodes.

I wouldn't expect the protection to be anywhere near the same quality, considering how much work Fran's put into BuyVM's protection above and beyond the protection that comes as standard from Awknet, but I like having contingency plans and at $12/year I really can't complain.

@pubcrawler said: Yeah, you are DDoS proof when your server is offline.

That particular VPS has been quite stable for me. Another (non-protected) that was atrocious got cancelled when it came up for renewal. As I said above, it's pot luck depending on which node you end up on. I wouldn't recommend getting a yearly VPS from them - unless you get a killer deal and don't mind playing a game of chance with your money.

• Everyone copies @Francisco.

AlienVPS had it's run. Remarkable looking site. Was marketed good a year or two back.

Constant issues though. I never took their offers :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: ? DDoS-protected VPS ?

Yeah, you are DDoS proof when your server is offline.

Ironically, the DDoS-mitigated nodes appear to be most stable.