Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Provider that Bills in CAD or is located in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Provider that Bills in CAD or is located in Canada

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'm looking for several budget dedicated servers as the U.S. Dollar is killing me right now.

I have about 4 or 5 servers right now but my main shared hosting nose is killing me.

I'm looking to anyone and everyone. I'm aware of OVH and SYS but wanted to open it up to smaller guys who like me are just trying to make a little money and provide a decent service offering.

Currently trying to work out a deal with @VolumeDrive / @QuadIX but am willing to entertain other offers as well.

I have 0 spam reports or ddos issues and require very little support aside from initial server deployment. Mostly self sufficient.

Let me know

Andrew

Thanked by 1Gunter

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

http://client.yesuphost.com/default/order/custom-search

I've used them in the past, but they can do custom quotes.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

That's all well and good but their pricing is a little high for me.

• blackblack Member
    edited August 2015

Quickpacket & dacentec might be other options in terms of price. I'm not sure about CAD though.

I'm at @qps now. Solid service but I just can't keep taking a 30% hit every month

• Delimiter can bill you in CAD and you can pay with Interac.

• @agoldenberg Yeah I'm facing the same problem now. The killer deal that was not so bad for that shiny E3 at $99 /mo is now $134 /mo when converted in CAD by Paypal... Ouch.

@MarkTurner Seriously ? Didnt know about that, that's awesome. Delimiter not loosing money on this ?

• @FredQC - The money stays and is used in Canada.

• oh awesome mark but how much does the $20 server cost in Canadian. Wouldn't we be paying the same just you convert it instead of PayPal?

• ReeRee Member

@MarkTurner Also interested in how this works. My $90/quarter server actually costing me $120/quarter is the main reason I was looking to transfer it last month.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

Hows CADxEUR? Might be worth looking into as well, though looks not very stable in my Forex client either.

50.00 CAD = 34.8228 EUR not great..

• Netelligent.ca in the past i pay them manually by paypal and use CAD currency

• Are you being penalised by Paypal or its just the bad CAD/USD exchange rate?

• BensDaManBensDaMan Member
    edited August 2015

I needed a non-OVH Canadian VPS and came across MediaHosts, they also do dedicated machines, not sure if they're what your after or even in your budget though.. No harm in checking them out! :)

• ReeRee Member

@MarkTurner PayPal (and most credit cards) have a 2.5% fee -- it's the exchange rate that is the real killer.

So if you're suggesting Delimiter can charge us $30CAD and we pay by Interac, that's awesome, but if they'll convert and charge $39.52CAD, then that's not much help (just saving $0.75 (2.5%) in that case)

• What is the specifications and is east coast ok for you how much you want to spend

• @MarkTurner said:
    Are you being penalised by Paypal or its just the bad CAD/USD exchange rate?

Paypal use their own exchange rate that incorporate a margin to "protect" themselves before the markets fluctuates + 2.5% conversion fee. So, we're screwed...

Paypal currency conversion explained

• @Ree CAD/USD are not a 1:1 parity. So you'd move to CAD billing and get a fixed CAD price per month, just as you have a fixed USD rate right now. We don't adjust it everytime GBP/USD fluctuates.

Obviously the advantage in paying a fixed CAD price is that you'll know what you're actually paying each month, you won't be paying cross-border fee on your card and you have the convenience of paying by Interac.

• MarkTurner said: CAD/USD are not a 1:1 parity. So you'd move to CAD billing and get a fixed CAD price per month, just as you have a fixed USD rate right now. We don't adjust it everytime GBP/USD fluctuates.

So what is the point of locking in a rate right now when the rate is probably the worst?

• don't think what op look for is relistic:

1- there is no CHEAP dedicated provider that bill in cad
    2- nobody is crazy enough to do 1:1 cad usd exchange to bill in cad

maybe ovh.. i don't know :(

• spammy said: So what is the point of locking in a rate right now when the rate is probably the worst?

The rate wouldn't be set today, it would be whenever the last CAD rate was set which was probably 6 months ago.

• ReeRee Member

@MarkTurner So do I just open a ticket, or email sales@ to ask what the CAD rate would be?

• Email Steve [email protected] he should be able to advise; and if you want to pay by Interac tell him that too

• @agoldenberg if Kansas is of interest, see http://ellipsisno.de/di/ (10% off DataShack from $44).

I normally bill in USD but can do CAD upon request.

• @HostNun said:
    agoldenberg if Kansas is of interest, see http://ellipsisno.de/di/ (10% off DataShack from $44).

I normally bill in USD but can do CAD upon request.

You can bill $44CAD ? Interesting.

• FredQc said: You can bill $44CAD ? Interesting.

he never said it would be 1:1.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited August 2015

@William said:

Yeah, I live in a dream World.

• @MarkTurner said:

I see, understood

• @FredQc I should have made that clearer, the $44 servers would be $57.99 CAD.

• Give a try to caratnetworks :)

Our uptime with them:

[root@carat ~]# date
    Thu Aug 6 19:28:54 EDT 2015
    [root@carat ~]# uptime
    19:28:55 up 393 days, 13:32, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    [root@carat ~]#

screen can be provided to proof it :)

our last uptime with them was over 300 days :), force reboot required :D