Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor Bugs - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor Bugs

124»

Comments

• @jmckeag12 said:

Similar events as to me, I doubt its "old news" just not here yet... I'd still like the bunch of fixes I have been told are Coming Soon (tm).

• I take back anything nice I said about Virtualizor.

Their support is useless. all they respond with is. Please reboot your VPS Nodes. that are supposed to be in Production. I have told them on several occasions that this is last resort. and I have told them countless times on several occasions. I won't reboot the node as it's not required. and more then once they have been wrong.

For the last week I have been unable to add any records for my domains using their DNS Product. when the record is @ and not a sub record. All I got told was something about a SOA Record. and no assistance. so I am ditching that for SolusVM

I report bugs to Virtualizor and they disregard it and state that everything is working correctly. Here is a bug I am experiencing currently. a bug that Virtualizor said is not even occurring.

I told Virtualizor that the DHCP records are not being modified at times. resulting in me having to manually login to 10-15 VPS a day and set the networking details manually for all new windows VPS Installs. the image above is showing you that there is several running VPS and no DHCP Records. I have just moved all these VPS Back to that node. and none of them is responding to Remote Desktop. as a direct result of the issue with DHCP a issue that virtualizor said does not even occur when it clearly does...

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I take back anything nice I said about Virtualizor.

DHCP config should be held in /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf

What does that show?

• @AshleyUk said:
    What does that show?

I was told it was a different file since it was Ubuntu by the support. but they have generated the config now as I'm talking with their support. but there is still a bug with DHCP generating a headache all the time..

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I was told it was a different file since it was Ubuntu by the support. but they have generated the config now as I'm talking with their support. but there is still a bug with DHCP generating a headache all the time..

I had a lovely bug a while ago that would replace the MAC in the DHCP config with then IP, causing the DHCP service to fail!

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • When we were testing panels before launch we tried Virtualizor it was nothing but trouble and useless error messages. Support would always just ask for root access and would fix issues but never explain them to us, even when we requested that they did for future reference.

That leads me to believe they never actually knew. No way were we going to use that in production.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

Virtualizor made a test VPS on one of my VPS Nodes. that cannot be deleted within Virtualizor (OVZ VPS) and left it without deleting it. That was sending outbound DoS Attacks and has wasted 16TB of Bandwidth.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Virtualizor made a test VPS on one of my VPS Nodes. that cannot be deleted within Virtualizor (OVZ VPS) and left it without deleting it. That was sending outbound DoS Attacks and has wasted 16TB of Bandwidth.

I had one similar, I just deleted via commandline.

• @wych said:
    I had one similar, I just deleted via commandline.

Yes I did but it magically appeared again. so I deleted it again. lol..

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

jmckeag12 said: Virtualizor made a test VPS on one of my VPS Nodes. that cannot be deleted within Virtualizor (OVZ VPS) and left it without deleting it. That was sending outbound DoS Attacks and has wasted 16TB of Bandwidth.

Virtualizor must investigate it. Me to affected on same BW issue.

• jmckeag12 said: Their support is useless

Alons is away at the moment which is probably not helping the situation. If you have some tickets which are still open and unattended to them send me the ticket #s and I will see whether we can get the escalated for you.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@MarkTurner said:

I report bugs to Virtualizor directly to their lead devs. They don't fix them. And my next step if it continues now is Legal Action.

The software is a nightmare issue after issue literally. I spend hours per day messing around as a result. I never had any issues with SolusVM like this. And now it's not possible to migrate any of these Nodes back. If I do then I am just loosing more money. they have contributed to destroying 2 of my clients hosting companies...

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • jmckeag12 said: I report bugs to Virtualizor directly to their lead devs. They don't fix them.

Its an offer if it helps you.

And my next step if it continues now is Legal Action.

Thats not going to happen, I'd love to see you get an Indian company into court. Nevermind their license agreement excludes them from pretty much any liability.

Thanked by 1DarioX
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@MarkTurner said:

Mark I have already spoken to their lead developers. and they won't fix the issues I am reporting to them.. As I stated previously. it's pointless giving Ticket IDs when there is no Tickets it's direct communication with the developers. and I have shown them the issues and they still won't fix it. or will they take any of my suggestions their template system is a joke!

Oh and regarding legal liability what when they are using customer machines to send outbound DoS And so what if it is costly or might not happen. I will try to take them to court for their actions. and what they have done.

• They fixed BW bug for me via skype a week ago now they working on VID bug.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jmckeag12 said: Oh and regarding legal liability what when they are using customer machines to send outbound DoS And so what if it is costly or might not happen. I will try to take them to court for their actions. and what they have done.

I think you need to look up what liability really means, and also look up some internet related laws for India... or lack of.

While I feel your pain this is just hot air, just migrate already its an open market you have free choice, instead of waiting for the chief plaster sticker just contact solusvm and ask them for a migration solution.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • vpsGOD said: Virtualizor must investigate it.

Good luck with that.

• shit software that does not work, I hate trying to use this and I hope the project dies.

I mean come on, their migration system relies on vzdump which is not in the openvz repo for a reason...

Thanked by 1wych
  • Anybody heard from the support team recently? Been waiting on replies for over 96hours now.

• @wych said:
    Anybody heard from the support team recently? Been waiting on replies for over 96hours now.

Just poked the thread on skype to them, hopefully there pickup your issue soon.

Thanked by 1wych
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

@AshleyUk said:
    Just poked the thread on skype to them, hopefully there pickup your issue soon.

I doubt it... I have been poking them all weekend. For good measure @virtualizor.

[16/10/2015 22:53:11] Virtualizor Team: I will ask my senior to look into this asap
    [16/10/2015 22:53:38] wych: You said that days ago.
    [16/10/2015 22:53:55] Virtualizor Team: We are sorry for the delay
    [16/10/2015 22:54:17] Virtualizor Team: He will be here in next shift and will look into the issue
    [16/10/2015 22:54:39] wych: Right.
    [17/10/2015 07:08:47] Virtualizor Team: hi
    [17/10/2015 09:23:35] wych: Hi
    [19/10/2015 17:48:29] wych: Another 48 hours has passed.
    [08:51:23] wych: Hello

Initial urgent issue was reported on the 12 October, it is now the 20th, that's over a full week whatever reason they want to spin it.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited October 2015

@wych said:
    Initial urgent issue was reported on the 12 October, it is now the 20th, that's over a full week whatever reason they want to spin it.

Anything I/We can try and help you with for now?

Pop me a PM if you want.

Edit : they just replied to my skype, so hopefully there be in contact with you shortly.