Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centarra/Avante Hosting/Chris K is closing! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centarra/Avante Hosting/Chris K is closing!

Comments

• Who's that guy with cheap offers and multiple IPs, IP limited system or something. IIRC he's hosted with centarra, wonder what's going to happen with the services.

• @DalComp said:
    Who's that guy with cheap offers and multiple IPs, IP limited system or something. IIRC he's hosted with centarra, wonder what's going to happen with the services.

https://ipsystemsltd.com/

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited August 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    How many people are actually affected by this? Does anyone have any VPS or servers with them? Prices look insanely high

When you're selling $20 dedi's yes ours are insanely high in comparison.

• @nexmark said:

Yeah that one. Even if he switch upstream, I doubt there would be any to provide such cheap IPs.

• ChrisK said: When you're selling $20 dedi's yes ours are insanely high in comparison.

No it wasn't meant like that, it was just your pricing for E3 vs say ColoCrossing, OVH, etc

• techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited August 2015

@ChrisK You could sell your infrastructure or clients to QuadraNet or the other providers around you.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

MarkTurner said: Can I ask you the spec and price you pay?

London, 512MB RAM, 512MB swap, 30GB disk, unmetered traffic (throttled on request of host), $6.45/month.

Has it been reliable?

Mostly, yeah. Network blip every now and then, and performance sometimes varied, but overall it was pretty okay.

• @ChrisK are you the real Chris K?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2015

nm, I figured it out.

• so,ipsystemsltd is dead ?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Fuck.

Crap, my reverse proxy is there.

• @kcaj said:
    Holy shit!

Well, create the largest possible server and use it for DDOSPay. (just kidding, beg to support for a refund)

• ATHKATHK Member

@doghouch said:
    Well, create the largest possible server and use it for DDOSPay. (just kidding, beg to support for a refund)

Beg for a refund on promotion credit? Ha-ha dreaming

• LOL - it was a joke, @ATHKATHK :p

• Having 2 servers in DAL with them for more than a year. the servers are solid, and excellent. too bad to hear they are closing.

• So, whats happening to all the hardware? @ChrisK

• @Derek said:
    So, whats happening to all the hardware? ChrisK

He's selling the microclouds on WHT

• @Derek said:

Dual node 8 systems are priced at $6k which is a decent price.

• @Derek said:

@ChrisK and I are in talks in Hawaii... I've flown him out to help relax him during this very turbulent period and have a few business conversations with our feet buried under some hot, white sand.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ItsChrisG said:
    ChrisK and I are in talks in Hawaii... I've flown him out to help relax him during this very turbulent period and have a few business conversations with our feet buried under some hot, white sand.

Really? :o

• Yes, They are closing the business. I would recommend to take backup from their server and transfer your data.

• @AlphaNinevps_com said:
    Yes, They are closing the business. I would recommend to take backup from their server and transfer your data.

I think we got the jist of that from the thread, would you not say so?

• @ItsChrisG said:
    ChrisK and I are in talks in Hawaii... I've flown him out to help relax him during this very turbulent period and have a few business conversations with our feet buried under some hot, white sand.

What island, not that very relaxing when there's like a storm/hurricane coming.

Thanked by 2NexHost GStanley
  • @nexmark said:

LOL

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • So IPSystemsLTD's hardware is being sold on WHT?

• @black said:
    So IPSystemsLTD's hardware is being sold on WHT?

Link??

• Buy it, I don't want to lose $4 :/

• jmckeag12 said: Link??

Check the hardware section on WHT. I'm just speculating here but a couple of days ago my VM went from packet loss (somewhat usable) to completely offline.

• @jmckeag12 said:

Lazy ****, here it is - LINK

I have 8x E3-1230 V2 Microclouds for sale , all located in Dallas Texas.

Chassis: SYS-5037MC-H86RF (Contains 8 nodes)
    Each node contains:
    E3-1230 V2
    32GB ECC RAM
    No drives, but the blanks are included. (2 Hotswap 3.5" drives per machine)

Total per Microcloud $6,000 ($750 per node)

Thanked by 3NexHost GStanley cassa