Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend shared/vps request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend shared/vps request

duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
edited August 2015 in Requests

I'm curently running a small privat website(news using jekyll), forum(fluxbb) and wiki(mediawiki) and private irc with qwebirc and interface. Already gotwith a very specific client base.

in exchange I'll gladly put up a banner for you services or do w.e you request: I have experience with testing-reverengineering and hacking software in general if you require some services free of charge. If you need someone for client support then I can do that for free free.
Or if ads will be put up on the site then no problem should be available with me sharing profits.
If you want to request anything else I'm totally up for it since if you need some developing assisting I'll help you wherever possible
I'd buy this but I'm having ahard time buying them for long term situations.
Got some sim3 keys + dlcs if you want them.

Was wondering if someon could sponser me something like this:
96mb ram - 32mb swap if possible.
2gb disk.
10-20gb bandie
no ipv4 required exept for nat if ipv6 is provided

or a shared hosting acc with php 5.3+
100mb-200mb disk
w.e bandwidth
mail if possible

Sorry if this looks bad. But anythings I hope someone s interested
Note: Any question can be answered and if you want a peek into the content then they can be sent without any hesistation.

Comments

• if your stuff is all legit, send me a pm :)

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited August 2015

My stuff is 100% legit. No warez/illegal material or even links.
    Also if you require, I've no problem for even sending a copy of my official id or anything for the matter.

• Can do aswell let me know if interested

• register your account here https://hostedbilling.net, pm me your credentials. I'll setup shared hosting for you, that okay?

• I wouldn't put anything critical on a single "free" server. Redundancy is required even on paid services, so might as well spend a couple of bucks get a LES bundle from inception hosting. Honestly it's just a cup of coffee a month and it will get you 7 servers around the world for a year. Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • I don't mean to sound all WHT, but are you sure that 96MB RAM + 2GB disk is enough for hosting news, a forum, a wiki and IRC - all with an existing client base?

MySQL is quite a RAM hog...

Nonetheless, good luck, and some advice would be; avoid Apache.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

If looking for shared hosting in dallas please PM me.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited August 2015

Mitchfizz05 said: I don't mean to sound all WHT, but are you sure that 96MB RAM + 2GB disk is enough for hosting news, a forum, a wiki and IRC - all with an existing client base?

Can you say the opposite? or provide an argument, the front page is PURE html.
    Fluxbb is like the lightest ever forum wich runs easily on leS servers like nothing, and the wiki is't a big a deal. And unrealircd+services run on 5-15mb ram all together.

Also by using cloudflare I'll save enough cpu+ resources. Almost everything is text and images are stored on a premium mediafire account or imgur.
    Hence why you don't need much.

nginx+phpCGI not fpm is enough, and using sqlite or heavily optimized mariadb is enuff to run on 64mb ram. Even if I got 3-6 request per second which is actually a lot in most case, the server should easily take it
    If wordpress has done it on 64mb ram then I can do it too if all I'm using is fluxbb and mediawiki with that extra 32mb ram just in case and that tiny swap will suffice.
    I already got a loyal client and audience base for this to profit nicely.