Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start a LEB Company Instantly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Start a LEB Company Instantly

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited November 2011 in General

Personally, I have zero interest in owning a LEB company. But I saw this and ran some quick numbers.

Want an instant LEB company? Here you go:

1. Sign up for a VPS reseller at Jolly Works: https://clientportal.jollyworkshosting.com/clients/cart.php?gid=12
  2. VPS Reseller Five plan will let you sell 40 VPSes with these specs: 25GB disk, 256/512MB RAM, 500GB BW, 1 IP. Your cost will be $3/VPS. You'll actually have 10 spare IPs you can additionally sell for $1/mo.
  3. Offer them for $6/mo on LEB. You'll gross $250/mo (including the spare IPs) Your cost from JW is $120/mo. Profit: $130/mo.
  4. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Now, I expect there's probably a need for a WHMCS license in there somewhere, though they do give you Solus.

That's not the greatest offer in the world, though also not the worst. Maybe you only can sell them for $5 or $5 per month.

Of course, you'll need to be able to provide sysadmin services, though really, you're just going to be a man in the middle since you won't be doing any actual work (just opening tickets with JW).

I'm just using JW as an example...there are probably others. For me, $130/mo to do all that work...forget it. But perhaps someone else will soon be offering LEBs based out of Arizona...

Comments

• You may want to search on the main site for reseller to see how poorly treated we look at resellers around here. :)

• Almost no profit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

As I said, Dr. Mike, not something I would consider, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it tried.

• You would have to generate a lot more than $6/mo/vps to make is anywhere near worthwhile.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

@raindog308 said: Lather, rinse, repeat.

LEB will go bankrupt

Banks will go bankrupt

drmike will go bankrupt!!!

Jelly, guys?

Hahahaha!!! I love that site n_n

• i dun get it. one of their plans has this indicated. https://clientportal.jollyworkshosting.com/clients/cart.php?gid=12

Max VPS = 2

Max Users = 5

??

• Well I'm down. We'll call it uptimenetsouthw2vps.com

I probably missed a few.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

should be a 'rail' somewhere in there :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • www.upw2enetrailsouth.com

• Just a little less hassle than to just buy an epic box and oversell some VPS'.

• @ztec said: just buy an epic box and oversell some VPS

If you can get enough IPs allocated cheap enough

• jhjh Member

With a business plan like that you'll end up in the dead pool..

• In the state of this US economy, maybe $130 is a welcome income for someone who doesn't have a job.

• 130 USD what's that about 80 quid? Probably less after fees, for managing 40 VPS, no thank's :D

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited November 2011

@Francisco said: should be a 'rail' somewhere in there :)

Maybe a '123' as well, just for good measure.

• 123Systems. A reseller company that used to be a client of ours, until I had issues with him not paying his bills.

• Actually if I go bankrupt, I'd probably go to jail because of what my ex did. We have Enron to thank for that.

The company also owns it's own hardware. I started things with leasing servers but got out of that fairly quickly.

You would also have to figure in other fees like legal, incorporation, your support system, hosting offsite for at least your own site as well as the support system, support coverage, licensing, etc. Hardware, once you get it, is the least of your worries month to month once you get going.

• @drmike said: legal, incorporation, your support system, hosting offsite for at least your own site as well as the support system, support coverage, licensing

Who said you could bring reality into this pipe dream?

• Some of us are old enough to realize that dreams don't pay the rent, medical, food, etc. bills.

• @Aldryic

I thought you meant them, but i have never heard anything too bad about them other than been overallocated to the max :P

I never realized they were a reseller of your's, i gather there on leased servers now then? Or still re-selling?

• I'm honestly unsure... but given what I know of the owner, probably reselling. From what I hear he's attempting to pursue the Minecraft market now after trying to pull a Nordic didn't work out for him, so that should be good for a few laughs.

• ...at the expense of his customers. sigh

• Yep the minecraft subject is one i recall hearing of. I could almost swear that they were squeezing all those minecraft servers on with the rest of the containers. I dont play MC neither do i have any experience with the setup/config there of, but i do know how much CPU they eat and i would never want to be hosted on a node full of the little buggers.

• Minecraft is a poorly written nightmare. We actually had a dedicated node that we would push Java abusers onto, they started to disrupt their neighbors so much.

• up2hostrail.com

• @Aldryic said: Minecraft is a poorly written nightmare.

I must admin I don't really get what's so interesting in Micecraft and a game in general that is written in Java.

• @Aldryic said: Minecraft is a poorly written nightmare

Java apps always seem to be much messier and slower than their C family friends. Some databases and concurrency apps are even built on this language.

• Java is a huge memory hog D:

Thanked by 1tux
  • @Xeoncross said: Java apps always seem to be much messier and slower than their C family friends.

Ditto, hence my general dislike of the game.

@kylix said: I must admin I don't really get what's so interesting in Micecraft

Ditto^2, I don't understand the fascination either. This generation's cheap knockoff of Fuzzy Felt, maybe.