Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does Solus lack for you? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What does Solus lack for you?

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

I dont know but some metioned something like:

"Haha, InsertProvider here will be there where OneAPP brings them with SolusVM luls.

Good that we have our own panel."

I would just say SolusVM is inflexible, like hourly billing missing, automatic failover etc, Cloud like.

• @Infinity580 said:
    I dont know but some metioned something like:

"Haha, InsertProvider here will be there where OneAPP brings them with SolusVM luls.

Good that we have our own panel."

I would just say SolusVM is inflexible, like hourly billing missing, automatic failover etc, Cloud like.

That's a thing I want. Flexibility. But it will be sort of like whmcs. I want it to be modular as on you can code your own add ons such as cpanel and VestaCP etc

• Will it support nested virtualization?

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Will it support nested virtualization?

It won't be supported/recommended but possible.

• @TinyTunnel_Tоm said:
    Actually, this is a crap idea, I give up. Sorry

You thought your OpenVZ wrapper can handle KVM/Xen like a candy?

I expected at least a weak. @Solusvm here we go for free suggestions you guys might consider.

• @TinyTunnel_Tоm said:
    Actually, this is a crap idea, I give up. Sorry

Erm I have not done this. @AnthonySmith @mikho @Spirit @mpkossen what was the IP that did this?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Erm I have not done this. AnthonySmith mikho Spirit mpkossen what was the IP that did this?

Seriously? You can't even secure your password!

• @alexvolk said:
    Seriously? You can't even secure your password!

No. Haha not that bad. It's a second account. Check it out.

• Two kids. One wasn't enough to write something in summer!

• Both with the exact same username? How does that happen?

• @kcaj said:
    Both with the exact same username? How does that happen?

I'm very confused. Didn't know Vanilla allowed this. @SysAdmin this is one for you.

• FoulFoul Member

The L is a capital i in the other account @tinytunnel_tom

• @Foul said:
    The L is a capital i in the other account tinytunnel_tom

Thanks for that. Can't see it on mobile. Anyway mods still can you.try for an IP check let's see which troll today

• kcaj said: Both with the exact same username? How does that happen?

Hard to believe yet it's true. One of my friend was running a Vanilla forum in the past and faced the same thing. Some guy made account named admin and fooled few users by transferring some money.

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Erm I have not done this.

User names are similar but ID's are not.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Erm I have not done this. @AnthonySmith @mikho @Spirit @mpkossen what was the IP that did this?

I found out how, I wont put it in public view though as it will probably encourage others to do the same.

• @Foul said:
    The L is a capital i in the other account tinytunnel_tom

Nope, add text-transform: uppercase

Both are capital Ls

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I hope to contact a few old mates and call in some favours.

Aww, I was hoping that I could get a spot over in web design :c

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited August 2015

A FULL client API. The ability to use every panel action via an API.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: Hourly daily weekly billing

I'd say that's more a limitation of WHMCS than of SolusVM.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    techhelper1

I mean, it wouldn't be too hard if you used a cron job and a small bash script.

> #!/bin/bash
    > generalinfo=$(uptime)
    > mempercent=$(free | awk 'FNR == 3 {print $3/($3+$4)*100}')
    > if (( $(echo "$mempercent > 70" | bc -l) )); then
    > #do something after memory usage gets too high (in this case, over 70% memory )
    > echo "Warning: The node xxxxxx has reached $mempercent percent in memory usage."
    > echo "CPU/Uptime: "
    > echo "$generalinfo"
    > else
    > echo "Notice: The node is running normally, with the memory usage sitting at $mempercent."
    > echo "CPU/Uptime: "
    > echo "$generalinfo"
    > fi
    > 

Save that as memcheck on the filesystem's root.

Add the cron job (crontab -e):

> MAILTO="[email protected]"
    > 0 * * * * bash /memcheck
    > 

Every hour, you'll receive an email based on the server's resource usage.
    It may not be great, but it may help in certain situations to know this.

I understand it can be done in bash scripting but he said he modified SolusVM, but I don't see how that's possible unless he reverse engineered/decompiled the ioncube encrypted iles.

• Fair enough.

Did he use HF? I bet he paid with DDOSPay™ :p

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

Well, it isn't really an extension. Basically, I am using the admin API (https://documentation.solusvm.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/558417): PHP checks every 5 minutes via/ a CRON whether the node selected is full. For example:

{ "status":"success", "statusmsg":"", "id":"9", "virt":"openvz", "name":"Node2", "ip":"123.123.123.123", "memorylimit":415834112, "disklimit":89070272512, "hostname":"node2.domain.com", "country":"UK", "city":"London", "sshport":"22", "arch":"x86_64", "freememory":"3572736", "allocatedmemory":7213056, "allocatedbandwidth":503316480, "freedisk":"800522240", "freeipv6":"400", "freeipv6subnets":"10", "nodegroupid":"1", "nodegroupname":"groupname", "virtualservers":11, "freeips":33 }

I can take the free resources and put them over the total resources, and I get a percentage. Once PHP determines the percentage used for each resource, I use PHP again to add them all up, and divide them into one full average. If PHP detects that it is over my specified percentage, it sends me an email through sendmail. Sorry for making it too confusing :c