Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest dedicated server

Looking for cheapest dedicated server with atleast following main specs;

• 1GB network port
  • 1GB or more ram
  • cpu: any
  • budget: lowest possible price
  • server use: mirror for legal download

Thank u

Comments

• @Tajbyte said:
    Looking for cheapest dedicated server with atleast following main specs;

• 1GB network port
    • 1GB or more ram
    • cpu: any
    • budget: lowest possible price
    • server use: mirror for legal download

Thank u

I got E3-1240v2, 16gb ram, 1tb drive, 10tb HDD, 1gbit, / 5 IPs for $49

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

1Gigabyte per second ? That will be pretty expensive.
    I don't think anyone does 8Gbit/s ports though.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Clouvider said:
    1Gigabyte per second ? That will be pretty expensive.
    I don't think anyone does 8Gbit/s ports though.

Incero

• Clouvider said: 1Gigabyte per second ? That will be pretty expensive.

I think he was trying to say 1Gbit per second. ;) But nice one

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Giga port with guaranteed speed

May be more clear like this

• You will not get guaranteed Gbit for less than 500$, quality BW for not less than 1000$.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • William said: guaranteed Gbit for less than 500$

Agreed on that. But if you can find a good provider with a shared port. That shouldn't be an issue since this is not a critical server.

• At servdiscount.com you get a shared 1GBit port with at least 500MBit guaranteed. Recommend provider (not affiliated). If that's ok as well, you get dedis from 10€/m there.

• @nexusrain said:
    At servdiscount.com you get a shared 1GBit port with at least 500MBit guaranteed. Recommend provider (not affiliated). If that's ok as well, you get dedis from 10€/m there.

Not the best speed, it's quite slow (more like 100Mbps) at peak EU times for me...

It just doesn't work that way. You won't get dedicated, not shared external bandwidth at LET pricing. As @William said, 500 USD/ mo is the absolute minimum you need to spend, and this will be either HE or Cogent or a mix of those.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Not the best speed, it's quite slow (more like 100Mbps) at peak EU times for me...

Where was the destination server you tested with? Together with my Prometeus VPS in IT I reached >500MBit..

@nexusrain said:
    Where was the destination server you tested with? Together with my Prometeus VPS in IT I reached >500MBit..

Try residentials, especially those who don't peer over public IX :).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    Netherlands - Rotterdam
    x3210
    4GB
    1TB
    10TB on 1 gbit port

€33.95 p/month.

• Clouvider said: Try residentials, especially those who don't peer over public IX :).

That. Servdiscount works well if your target is on DECIX, else you will have to deal with congestion in evenings - Especially to DTAG, TPSA and UPC.

• Take your pills already!

Thanked by 2MuZo linuxthefish
  • @Clouvider said:
    Try residentials, especially those who don't peer over public IX :).

But I've got only a 50MBit line at home (which is mostly fast enough).. However, cancelled the server yesterday because its specs were an overkill for what I need. But alright, if trusted guys (not ironic) like @William or @Clouvider say it's not that good, it'll be alright.

• @MSPNick said:

Can't find the offer in your site. Where I can get it?

• oneprovider paris for 7€ or directly from online.net for 6€+20€ setup

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2015

@markturner does the $5 atom come with 1gbit or 100mbit?

edit: gbit port

http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=A2302100&;

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

nexusrain said: But I've got only a 50MBit line at home (which is mostly fast enough).. However, cancelled the server yesterday because its specs were an overkill for what I need. But alright, if trusted guys (not ironic) like @William or @Clouvider say it's not that good, it'll be alright.

It really depends on ISP though.

The big 5 that don't peer (much) are UPC (also known as Cablecom), DTAG (Deutsche Telekom, partly also T-Mobile in a lot of countries, Magyar (Hungary) Telecom, some Serbian/Slovenian telcos), TPSA (Polish telco), Telefonica (Spanish telco) and Telecom Italia (Tier1, not required to reach their end users in Italy anymore, they now have their own ASN/Policy).

If you are on one of these your upstream will be transit and quality will vary, due to DTAGs INSANE policies (BW MORE EXPENSIVE the more you buy, c r a z y) it is the most problematic (see also http://netzneutral.init7.net/de/netzneutralitaet.php - German).

The others do peer with some larger carriers (like Cogent and aforementioned Init7, Retn, Atrato/Hibernia etc.) so the situation is not as bad there, but it still means your ISP needs to buy transit from a Tier1/Tier2 (starts at around 50c/Mbit on larger scale, 20GE+) instead of a much cheaper peering port at DECIX/AMSIX/LINX (15c/Mbit on 10GE DECIX, 10c/Mbit on AMSIX 10G, between 10 and 15c on LINX 10G) - 500Mbit flatrate on a 50EUR server is possible with peering, but not with transit, obviously this is a mix calculation and many providers offering similar deals will not upgrade their transit to deal with the added burst or buy more expensive transit for less congestion.

You could see the result of this until some years ago on OVHs network - France quality was excellent, German quality very solid (again, except DTAG) and EU was in general acceptable, but transit routes to US carriers (which rarely peer on EU IXs or even US IXs) was congested at peak times. You did get what you paid for, 100Mbit practically "peering only" traffic for a few EUR, and you were able to use that - Leaseweb on the other hand purchased transit for this networks and the US ISPs and maintained a quality network, at a higher pricing.

• what about reliablesite.net? that advertises on webhostingtalk about having a dedicated gigabit port all the time. misleading? haven't tried them in two or three years myself

• @zamotcr said:
    Can't find the offer in your site. Where I can get it?

https://www.myserverplanet.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=237

Thanks!