Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM - domain expired? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM - domain expired?

2»

Comments

• @tommy said:
    he only renew boltvm for another year :P don't be cheap.

This will likely become an annual marketing event :-)

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2015

@kcaj said:
    With the recent failure to renew an IP leasing agreement resulting in customer IPs being changed at ~12 hours notice and now this - it's fair to assume BoltVM doesn't have it's eye on the ball.

AVOID.

When was this? I 'recently' decided to try them out, have had a VPS for 40 days now, and has had same IP for 40 days (also has 40 days uptime).... haven't had any issues at all, really.

The client area for boltvm.com works for me, but if the domain expired, then, yeah, I'm sure it was down for a few hours. (ed* more like 'inaccessible for your average user', as you could still connect directly w/ the IP I suppose)

• All things considered, boltvm has been good to me for the price.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

And the owner hasnt "bolted" at the first difficulty. It is more than a summerhost.

• Maounique said: And the owner hasnt "bolted" at the first difficulty.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Providers should always register/renew domains for 10 years. It is better for SEO, you are protected from domain price increases and it also adds a bit of trust among customers.

• @leapswitch said:
    Providers should always register/renew domains for 10 years. It is better for SEO, you are protected from domain price increases and it also adds a bit of trust among customers.

That's right! I always whois the domains of everywhere I shop and make sure that its registered for 10 years! After all, you can't trust a provider that uses autorenew!!

• JsonJson Member

C'mon guys, its not about the domain. Honestly when you host with a team of guys doing it, its the people behind them like in this case its Steven and the team behind dedicube. They could call it whatever they wanted or even change domain as long as the quality of service remains the same.

• I'd really be interested if something like this already happened to an active domain registrar. That would be just super epic.