Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Ubuntu Server on my Laptop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Ubuntu Server on my Laptop

I have booted Ubuntu Server Installation from my USB and I tried installing it but it just keeps installing the system to my USB rather than the Hard Drive. I have also selected my 150 GB HDD but it still installs the system to the USB. Any ideas? I really need this thanks!

Comments

• Hi Raysmta,

Go through the advanced options and the bootloader options, chances are it's installing the bootloader and target to the USB, and the data to the HDD, it's an easy one to miss, but usually they dont detect the USB that it's installing from?

Try another download or version if you run into any more problems.

• I tried 14.04 LTS and 15 no luck... I did it once and it worked but I had to get my HDD reset because it was really full and the machine kept on crashing. So I formatted my HDD and created a partition and I am trying to install the Ubuntu Server again.

• Try formatting the drive and no partitons, maybe?

• I have.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

hum, dont accept any default, go with expert mode, you should be able to chose every detail you need and do manual partitioning, to make sure, without LVM.

• Damn okay I will do it and see what happens.

• Perhaps unplug the USB while installing.

• I see the military coming... with a Debian 7 disk?