Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr: Network upgrades are available for this instance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr: Network upgrades are available for this instance

Hi,

My Vultr instance in London has a message in the top of the control panel that says "Network upgrades are available for this instance. Please restart via the control panel to apply them. "

Anyone had/has this message? Any idea what this means?

Thanks

Comments

• Seeing this on my London instance too. Just tweeted them about it.

• Nothing shown on mine.

• Had this msg with an instance in their Sydney POP about a week ago. No info bout it though.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@ivanh did you reboot?

• GulfGulf Member

@nfn said:
    Hi,

Hi.
    I think they just updated ASN records and IP info. They changed ASN from local partner to their own Vultr and reloaded instances. Do not like this update, had to move to another cloud.

• nfnnfn Veteran

If this is a move to another cloud I'll lose my 3.4 cpu to a 2.4 :(

• Gulf said: Hi. I think they just updated ASN records and IP info. They changed ASN from local partner to their own Vultr and reloaded instances. Do not like this update, had to move to another cloud.

Some locations have new DCs. This could be the upgrade. In that case, your IP assignment remains unchanged and "the cloud" is still operated by Vultr.

• GulfGulf Member

@kcaj said:
    Some locations have new DCs. This could be the upgrade. In that case, your IP assignment remains unchanged and "the cloud" is still operated by Vultr.

In my rare case, I need the ASN name of your previous provider (or partner?) in UK. Now all you IPs show Vultr in Asn and I got blocked everywhere, but is it my rare case.

• Gulf said: In my rare case, I need the ASN name of your previous provider (or partner?) in UK. Now all you IPs show Vultr in Asn and I got blocked everywhere, but is it my rare case.

All IPs are announced from AS20473. Or have I misunderstood?

N.B. I do not work for Vultr.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited August 2015

@kcaj said:
    N.B. I do not work for Vultr.

OK, sorry.

I do not remember the name of provider, but it was very rare name and worked great in my case. Now all of their ips contain Vultr in the ip info, and I had to abandon Vultr.

• nfnnfn Veteran

They replied to my ticket with "We have made some changes to routing that you will be unable to take advantage of until you perform a hard restart of your VPS through the control panel. This restarts your VPS in the hypervisor which is what you need in order to have this change enacted."

I asked if the new hypervisor would have the same cpu 3.4/3.6 Mhz...

"This change only affects networking on your VPS, nothing more. It remains on whatever hypervisor it is already on, and it will restart quickly."

• nfnnfn Veteran

My 300 days uptime will be gone :(

• GulfGulf Member

@nfn said:
    My 300 days uptime will be gone :(

Use round robin in future ;)

• sinsin Member

nfn said: If this is a move to another cloud I'll lose my 3.4 cpu to a 2.4 :(

Just redeploy a few times until you get a 3.6GHz - I never have any trouble getting a 3.6GHz core (which freaking rock btw).

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited August 2015

If I remember correctly Vultrs IPs used to be under Choopa or GameServers.com but have since moved to their own ASN since the IP requirements are likely exceeding their original expectations or they've setup Vultr as a separate company to Choopa and split the IPs to each organisation.

• rmlhhd said: I I remember correctly Vultrs IPs used to be under Choopa or GameServers.com but have since moved to their own ASN since the IP requirements are likely exceeding their original expectations or they've setup Vultr as a separate company to Choopa and split the IPs to each organisation.

What ASN other than 20473 are you seing?

• aka "We had no ebtables and have now ebtables"

• @kcaj said:
    What ASN other than 20473 are you seing?

Correction, still under the same ASN. They just updated the info and reconfigured some of their network.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@rmlhhd said:

Are you in the same hypervisor with the same cpu?

• nfn said: Are you in the same hypervisor with the same cpu?

Yes @nfn, it seems this isn't the migration I speculated on.