Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PPTP server doesn't work for Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PPTP server doesn't work for Windows

Hello,

I have set up a PPTP VPN Server on Centos 6. When I try to connect using Mac OS X, it works fine. When I try the same thing on my Windows Server, it says: "Error 720: A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection."

Anyone can help?

Comments

• Firewall opened?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Firewall opened?

Yes. And I only have the problem with Windows Server Technical Preview. Might be a bug?

• Windows servers have tight firewall rules, are you 100% sure you have everything you need opened?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Windows servers have tight firewall rules, are you 100% sure you have everything you need opened?

Yes, to test I have turned off the firewall, it didn't make any difference.

• AkitoAkito Member

Have you set the negotiable security settings accordingly within the VPN connection on Windows?

• What does /var/log/messages show?

Is this an MSCHAP problem?

• I think this error is on client side. Check your windows configurations and setup the correct data encryption and allowed protocols to match with your serve.r