Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS failures / outages today?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS failures / outages today?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited November 2012 in General

Anyone else noticing any strange failures in DNS lookups today?

Seeing some unusual failed lookups on the 4.2.2.x DNS servers as well as on 209.244.0.3 server.

Comments

• Nope.

• There was a cpanel dns-only update that failed on one of our name servers. Not sure if it was a bind issue or what but there might be others having issues out there with a software update.

• Thanks @24khost.

Weird issue. Something blew up this morning on the internet :) The 4.2.2.x and 209.244.0.3 both I believe are Level 3 operated servers. The failure is somewhere up on that layer.

They are working, but appears lookups for some DNS providers are not timely responding/failing.

• @pubcrawler, I know it can't be only me that had an issue, but it was only on 1 of my servers.

• I had a cpanel dns server get borked this morning too =)

• Yep not just me! That confirms it.

• Saw the Cloudflare outage today also :) Thanks @gubbyte.

Something else today on the DNS layer happened. Sent off to our outsourced provider to see if they were aware of anything.