Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Shared Hosting with High CPU (?) / DDoS Protection and Fast Speed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Shared Hosting with High CPU (?) / DDoS Protection and Fast Speed.

ylmsylms Member
edited July 2015 in Requests

Hello,
I hope that this will be my last topic about requestings. So I have a website as some of you know which consumes a lot of CPU because of my Ajax codes.

On the hosting I use at the moment I am using around 20%-40% CPU average. But mostly I am having RESOURCE ERROR on the website.

So as you guys suggested me on my previous topics, I bought a managed VPS (KVM), but then the provider said I am consuming a lot of CPU (the most). And I may get suspended.

So I decided VPSs are not my type. (I have never used them before.) And I decided to go for hosting instead.

I am sorry I don't know what I ask if even exists, but I need a hosting with high cpu privilege. (If such thing is exists) I am waiting for any offers. I don't have price range, I am just going to pick which fits to my wallet. I need US or Canada location. Thank you.

Comments

• ylmsylms Member
    edited July 2015

Edit.

• BruceBruce Member

what about a VPS with a dedicated cpu core ? no issue with CPU usage then

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2015

your provider was selling you 1, 2 , 3 procesors no ??? so ask for what you pay (vps provider)

• BradBrad Member
    edited July 2015

I'd imagine the shared hosting provider would not like your high CPU usage either, so at this point, either get a dedicated server or a VPS with a dedicated core. The two VPS providers that I know who offer a dedicated core are currently out of stock and do not provide DDoS protection.

Keep an eye out on Kimsufi's cheaper dedicated servers lineup as those might interest you.

• WHTWHT Member

The best option in this case will be VPS with abusive core. I dont think that someone will allow you in a shared server with cloudlinux. Maybe some newbies (summer hosts) will allow this.

• If you don't want an unmanaged VPS, then you need to look for managed ones from hosting providers. Often shared hosting providers will provide those for about $20-25 a month and they will provide all the dirty work and you just host. I don't want to suggest any providers here, you can go search around and find the one you think is the best.

• ylmsylms Member

@cociu said:
    your provider was selling you 1, 2 , 3 procesors no ??? so ask for what you pay (vps provider)

Yeah I had 4 cpu, yet my hosting performs better.

@Brad, @WHY, @TheOnlyDK thank you for suggestions. My VPS was already Managed but I don't really feel comfortable with VPS's. So I am only looking for hosting.

I know what I ask is difficult to find yet If there is anyone who could offer me this, I'd be glad. Just wanted to give a shot.

• BruceBruce Member

as per sig, I can do dedicated core, but not with DDoS protection (nodes are in atlanta)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2015

You should be able to get your shared provider to increase the CPU limit, but you might need to pay extra.

As for DDoS protection, @nexmark ?

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • You need a better host that offers truly isolated VMs. You can get a managed service from @Bruce and setup another ddos protected vps infront for ddos protection. This way you will get both ddos protection and worry free hosting.

• ylmsylms Member

@Bruce said:
    as per sig, I can do dedicated core, but not with DDoS protection (nodes are in atlanta)

Thank you it is a good offer but I am looking for DDoS protected at the moment. I will consider this.

@linuxthefish said:
    You should be able to get your shared provider to increase the CPU limit, but you might need to pay extra.

As for DDoS protection, nexmark ?

I love nexmark. <3

@TheOnlyDK said:
    You need a better host that offers truly isolated VMs. You can get a managed service from Bruce and setup another ddos protected vps infront for ddos protection. This way you will get both ddos protection and worry free hosting.

I think it would be better if I had DDoS Protected hosting instead setup it. I don't like how CloudFlare makes you wait for 5 secs.

• @ylms said:
    I think it would be better if I had DDoS Protected hosting instead setup it. I don't like how CloudFlare makes you wait for 5 secs.

Not talking about cloudflare, but an actual vps (say from nexmark) with ddos and setup GRE tunnel to forward all packets over to your hosting vps. This way you won't have to deal with cloudflare and once you set it up it works just fine like a regular vps that's abusive and ddos protected.

• ylmsylms Member

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Not talking about cloudflare, but an actual vps (say from nexmark) with ddos and setup GRE tunnel to forward all packets over to your hosting vps. This way you won't have to deal with cloudflare and once you set it up it works just fine like a regular vps that's abusive and ddos protected.

Oh, I said that because Bruce said he has no DDoS protected and you suggested me him, so CloudFlare came to my mind.

• @ylms said:

No cloudflare sucks, I only use it for dns hosting and its free ssl for my none critical domains. It's only good for business + plans and its not the best. Just make sure you have a vps with enough bandwidth, specs don't need to superb, and you are good to go. Or even better if you want the easy method, go for a proxy instead (nginx, haproxy etc) and just forward your http requests, I think that's enough for most cases but you will not get ddos protection for none http (ssh, MySQL etc). Good luck.

• You can check our plans.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2015

ylms said: I think it would be better if I had DDoS Protected hosting instead setup it. I don't like how CloudFlare makes you wait for 5 secs.

If you don't need http flood protection just set security to low and you won't have to wait.

• ylmsylms Member

@MrRapidHost said:
    You can check our plans.

And do you give extra CPU privalege?

@linuxthefish said:
    If you don't need http flood protection just set security to low and you won't have to wait.

Well, I would rather to use DDoS protected hosting it would be better.

• Go with @nexmark and you will be singing this

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • MrRapidHostMrRapidHost Member
    edited July 2015

@ylms said:
    Well, I would rather to use DDoS protected hosting it would be better.

Sure as long as its not affecting anyone else.

• @ylms - just go with @Bruce's dedicated core offer and stick Cloudflare on the front. He has a tonne of high speed servers in Atlanta and with a dedicated core you can hammer it to your heart's content.

Thanked by 2Bruce netomx
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

ylms said: Thank you it is a good offer but I am looking for DDoS protected at the moment. I will consider this.

Just get a dedicated-core plan, and a separate VPS for the DDoS mitigation, and reverse-proxy through it. Problem solved :)

Mind that Cloudflare doesn't provide 'real' DDoS mitigation unless you pay them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Drserver AbusiveCores

Thanked by 1drserver
  • FritzFritz Veteran

Try Providerservice. They have Xen PV with deficated core. You can abuse the core all the time.

• Fritz said: Try Providerservice.

They are scared even in case of tiny DDoS attack.

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@ylms we have our VPS plan with a dedicated CPU option at Choopa Network (NYC Metro -network with thousands of BGP peers i've ever seen and experienced) guarded by DDoS Protection 10 GB/s by default. If you'd like our European location, it will serve you the same. Just share me what is it in your mind. We have several refugees that had the same experiences as you with their previous 'host' before (kick out).