Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - 4 Year Celebration offers - WIN PRIZES - ASUS Memo Pad, 4 x €20 service credit - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - 4 Year Celebration offers - WIN PRIZES - ASUS Memo Pad, 4 x €20 service credit

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

@evan1988 said:
    I see, but I cannot connect to VPS by SSH through port 22 by your externally routable IP. Sorry, my bad English

Did you install an OS? Anyway feel free to put a support ticket in, you might want to at least log in to solusvm once though and have a look.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Bought one. Don't need it. Likely VPN for mates and me

Nice one, sweep steak on how long it takes your mates to get you terminated for torrent abuse? :)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Did you install an OS? Anyway feel free to put a support ticket in, you might want to at least log in to solusvm once though and have a look.

I'm sorry, I thought your VPS installed OS default, now I looking at the links to VPS SolusVM Control Panel and doing reinstall OS.

• @evan1988 said:
    I'm sorry, I thought your VPS installed OS default, now I looking at the links to VPS SolusVM Control Panel and doing reinstall OS.

Most KVM provider require clients to do the first time OS install. I know it's not ideal, but it is what it is.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods

TheOnlyDK said: Most KVM provider require clients to do the first time OS install. I know it's not ideal, but it is what it is.

Indeed, the reason for this is that the OS selection has no call back features from solusvm, while you can do it manually in whmcs it means every time you update a template or add new ones it becomes a big task and sadly with solusvm you cant specify a default template (well you can but it does not work), solusvm v2 has a much better api though so that should be a think of the past in the not to distant future :)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Nice one, sweep steak on how long it takes your mates to get you terminated for torrent abuse? :)

I've told them to behave themselves. I've got a Dedi for torrents so they can dL on that and get a direct download.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith - just about to get a LHC - NL, still less than 100 orders?? :)

adamluk said: @AnthonySmith - just about to get a LHC - NL, still less than 100 orders?? :)

Yep, I will post here when they are all gone.

Thanked by 1adamluk
  • MultiMulti Member

Well, i guess you got me. Just got another Lowendbox :D

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Yep, same here. This deal was too good to pass up. Congratulations on making it to 4 years, that's a long time in the internet world!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

Got one too.

• forumsukforumsuk Member
    edited August 2015

I am about to place an order (Existing customer as well), can you confirm offer is still valid? Dont want to order otherwise. Invoice #33573
    Thanks

edited August 2015

As I said I will post when it is over. :) still valid

• Okay have paid for it now. My second VPS.

• Am I one of the 25th?

TheOnlyDK said: Am I one of the 25th?

If you were you would know :)

• Can the miniKVM 128's be restocked?

xClone84 said: Can the miniKVM 128's be restocked?

Probably in the next few days, if you really want one before then just order a Singapore 128 and put a ticket in requesting it to be moved to NL

sadly I need to reboot the NL KVM node due to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=735098#c12

When free'ing up some ports for vnc connections modprobe has completely hung so no port forwarding is working and iptables restart will never complete.

Sadly this has been reported over and over on RHEL based products from as early as 2004 and is still affecting people to this day.

I will try to make it quick.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • A bit disappointed that I cannot use my 512MB KVM VPS fto run windows as that was the sole purpose of buying this VPS :(

forumsuk said: A bit disappointed that I cannot use my 512MB KVM VPS fto run windows as that was the sole purpose of buying this VPS :(

Sorry to disappoint you but none of them support the minimum requirements for Windows 2008/12 R2 in terms of ram or disk space.

• Got me a MiniKVM256 - thanks for the sweet IPv4! Delightful perfs, with short routes (6 hops) and low pings (10-13ms) to both France and Sweden. Love the lightweight OS image and the /64 IPv6.

Yummy :)

• majesticmajestic Member
    edited August 2015

AnthonySmith said: HALF WAY THERE JUST PROCESSED THE 50th ORDER!!!!

FREE IPV4 OFFER WITH EVERY LITTLE HAPPY CLOUD - NETHERLANDS STILL OPEN

Hi Anthony,

May I ask is this offer still open? I only ask as I require another host as a replacement authoritive DNSSEC DNS server and NL location would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Still open and pretty close to the 100 mark, which took longer than expected :)

• Come on guys, I want this Pad ;)

edited August 2015

No more dedicated IP's for LHC NL, its back on NAT, tablet winner will be selected tomorrow by a randomizer from order numbers.

Thanked by 2bersy TinyTunnel_Tom

Winning order number:

Order Number: 3578765552

vserver ID's from solusvm exported in to http://textmechanic.com/Random-Line-Picker.html then matched to an order ID.

Thanked by 2cassa bersy
  • Yay! I won :D Will send you my response once I'm back home

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

cassa said: Yay! I won :D Will send you my response once I'm back home

Just checked the tracking, should be out for delivery to you right now :)