Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for /48 IPv6 in US or IN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for /48 IPv6 in US or IN

elixir404elixir404 Member
edited July 2015 in Requests

Please tell me how much it will cost. For server, I want to go lowest possible. Don't require much server specs.

If VPS is possible then provide me price for VPS else I can also purchase Dedicated Server.

Please feel free to block SMTP ports. I don't need them for spamming or scraping. I just need them to manage some separate accounts on some web services which cause problem when accessed with same IP. I will install squid proxy server and connect with only 1 IP. So you can be sure that I am not selling any IPs.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

In India, we can offer /48 IPv6 free with a dedicated server.

http://leapswitch.com/pune-india/dedicated-servers/

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Usually requesting a /48 of IPv6 wouldn't be a big deal or raise any eyebrows, but the OP is also looking for a large number of IPv4: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59362/200-ips-ipv4-in-us-or-in-or-ca-or-br
    so I wonder what could be the intended usage of all these address blocks.
    Keeping in mind that the largest E-Mail providers now also accept mail over IPv6.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    dacentec

Good choice, quite surprised when I got a full /48 per $20 server.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • elixir404elixir404 Member
    edited July 2015

@rm_ said:
    Usually requesting a /48 of IPv6 wouldn't be a big deal or raise any eyebrows, but the OP is also looking for a large number of IPv4: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59362/200-ips-ipv4-in-us-or-in-or-ca-or-br
    so I wonder what could be the intended usage of all these address blocks.
    Keeping in mind that the largest E-Mail providers now also accept mail over IPv6.

Please feel free to block SMTP ports. I don't need them for spamming or scraping. I just need them to manage some separate accounts on some web services which cause problem when accessed with same IP. I will install squid proxy server and connect with only 1 IP. So you can be sure that I am not selling any IPs.

• Why did you need 65K /64's? O.o

• elixir404elixir404 Member
    edited July 2015

@linuxthefish said:

Where did you get them from buddy?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

I can give you (free) (up to) a /44 (16 /48) for announce at any ISP you prefer, for example this list, no US ISPs besides Softlayer/CrownCloud added yet though:

https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html

"Order":
    https://ip6.im/get-started.html#getting-started

• William said: I can give you a /44 (16 /48) for announce at any ISP you prefer, list here, no US ISPs besides Softlayer added yet though:

Softlayer charge a $200-500 (depending on how much they like you) "vlan setup fee" for announcing own IP's, even IPv6 only.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

linuxthefish said: quite surprised when I got a full /48 per $20 server.

Nothing surprising about this, a /48 is just the normal allocation size for a dedi (where you can be assumed to be selling VPSes with a /64 or more each). Online.net provides a /48 per account, even if you only have one 6 EUR server. And that's the right way of doing things.

• rm_ said: even if you only have one 6 EUR server.

Even if you only have a 1.99EUR kidéchire :)

Thanked by 2Maounique GM2015
  • linuxthefish said: Softlayer charge a $200-500 (depending on how much they like you) "vlan setup fee" for announcing own IP's, even IPv6 only.

Source says he got it free on Dedi - Will recheck with him and SL

• SadySady Member

@linuxthefish said:

/48 is per account. I've broken /64 from that on my two nodes.

• @Sady said:
    /48 is per account. I've broken /64 from that on my two nodes.

Dacentec? I got a /48 per server!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why not take a routed /48 from tunnelbroker???

• SadySady Member

@linuxthefish said:
    Dacentec? I got a /48 per server!

These are what I got from them:

it appears you have already been allocated a /48 block of IPv6. Due to the large number of addresses in these blocks, we are currently only allocating one /48 block per customer. I have confirmed that your IPv6 block can be used on either server.
    Your IPv6 block has been routed to a shared network between your servers, and can be used on both simultaneously.

@dacentec Can you confirm it?

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

/48 per customer. If there is some technical reason to have more IPs we can look at it, but it would mean that you had issued 65535 blocks of 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 ips to your downstream customers.

• So does that mean IPv6 load balancing free of charge?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    So does that mean IPv6 load balancing free of charge?

There is no such information here. I understand they placed it on a shared vlan between those two servers. No one mentioned any load balancers.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

@linuxthefish said:

online.net give out /48s too, even with the kidechire. of course, FR only so no good for the OP

edit: nvm, already mentioned

• @Clouvider said:

Not that but similar. Sort of fail over maybe

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

When you have them in the same vlan you can use keepalived to perform failover :).

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep

hi,

we can offer you /48 IPv6, please connect us.

• linuxthefish said: Softlayer charge a $200-500 (depending on how much they like you) "vlan setup fee" for announcing own IP's, even IPv6 only.

Confirmed free announce on their VPS product line, only BGP requires 1k recurring spending and 50$/month per session.

Not sure for dedicated, but i know IPv4 announce is free so i doubt they charge for IPv6.

• @linuxthefish said:

Where did you get them from buddy?> @William said:

I can give you (free) (up to) a /44 (16 /48) for announce at any ISP you prefer, for example this list, no US ISPs besides Softlayer/CrownCloud added yet though:

https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html

"Order":
    https://ip6.im/get-started.html#getting-started

Do you have a sample IP? Please pm me.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

Are you this.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

elixir404 said: Do you have a sample IP? Please pm me.

Again, i am not offering any hosting, i offer IP space to be announced by a datacenter/VPS provider, thus a test IP is entirely useless. I currently allocate out of 2a05:dfc7::/32.

This discussion has been closed.