Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving to a bigger plan , Selling a Buyvm-128-sj,still 350+days left.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving to a bigger plan , Selling a Buyvm-128-sj,still 350+days left.

kousinnryoukousinnryou Member
edited November 2012 in General

My site runs out of ram these days,and plan to move to a bigger plan.
sanjose datacenter ,128ram,350+days left,will let it go for 13$.Is there someone want it ?

Comments

• Just cancel it and buyvm will give you a prorated refund as a credit. Then you can order a bigger plan from them and use the credit to cover part of the bill.

• @rds100
    I find somewhere with better offer and want to move to .

• @kousinnryou

you should have thought about that BEFORE paying annually...

• Or just use the buyvm to store backups of your main site. You can never have too many backups, and $15 for a year is not that much money anyway.

• OVZ?

• @rds100 said: Or just use the buyvm to store backups of your main site.

Do this. You can also use it as a development box.

With that said, unless the policy's changed, you won't be able to transfer the server either way for another three months, per Aldyric's post a while back:

@Aldryic said: I'm not done with all of the fine-printing/wording for the TOS/AUP, but here's about what the gist of it will be:

Services under 3 months are ineligible for any transfer.

• optimizing the site wont solve problem?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you running MySQL on the box?

If you are, you could always order shared SQL :)

Francisco

• @Francisco do you get lots of Offloaded Mysql orders? I am curious about its popularity and how customers like it.

@jcaleb said: @Francisco do you get lots of Offloaded Mysql orders? I am curious about its popularity and how customers like it.

Some :)

The idea of the platform dates back to Frantech's original days when we sold to gameservers.

Francisco

• @Francisco Does it support innodb? Is it just like a VPS where I can just reset everything such that space will start again from minimal?

@jcaleb said: @Francisco Does it support innodb? Is it just like a VPS where I can just reset everything such that space will start again from minimal?

It does support innodb but no, it isn't a private VPS or anything. It's literally just a spiffed out box running cPanel and you'd get an account off that.

Francisco

• Thanks!

• @Francisco how is SJ network now compare to NY? Is it much better now?

@jcaleb said: @Francisco how is SJ network now compare to NY? Is it much better now?

Ehhhhh Getting there.

There is a large upgrade on our part happening soon. I'll go into details about it in an email next month.

SJ is getting our focus these days to work through any last bits of annoyance over there.

Francisco

• @Francisco thank you!

• Wow, so much stock for today

291 128mb OVZ stock on NY

• Yes, massive amount of 128mbs on NY location

http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/

• San Jose has some lingering router/switch/throughput cap issue. BuyVM knows about that. Should be some of the current work/focus.

I believe the DDOS protection is only available in San Jose. So if that is a concern, San Jose is your place.