Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monitoring Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Monitoring Service

Hello,

There was a member here that developed his own commercial monitoring service (which I even signed up with) however I have lost all its tracks since.

Does anyone remember any commercial monitoring service setup by a LET member or at least advertised here at LET?

Comments

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited July 2015

@vfuse owns NixStats, currently in beta and free. (Best one around imo)

You also have NodeQuery and InfinityStats. (Or you can get an observum plan at CloudCommando eg)

Thanked by 2vfuse SpeedBus
  • cloudstats.me

• What's the pricing on the Google monitoring? I'm assuming kind of expensive but I can't find the exact usage prices, also on my phone currently so that doesn't help.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@CFarence said:
    What's the pricing on the Google monitoring? I'm assuming kind of expensive but I can't find the exact usage prices, also on my phone currently so that doesn't help.

Google Cloud Monitoring is currently offered to Beta users free-of-charge. Final pricing for the service has not been announced.

• @Ishaq said:
    Google Cloud Monitoring is currently offered to Beta users free-of-charge. Final pricing for the service has not been announced.

Hmmmm makes me kind of afraid to use it, use it end up liking it but it gets expensive as hell after the beta.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@CFarence said:
    Hmmmm makes me kind of afraid to use it, use it end up liking it but it gets expensive as hell after the beta.

You're not tied into anything?

• @Ishaq said:
    You're not tied into anything?

I haven't found something for monitoring that I love yet, most (if not all) of the servers I run are for hobby projects or personal use. And being a college student don't have a terrible amount of money to spend.

• WHTWHT Member

Statuscake is the best out there. I have tested many of them but all with fake alerts.

• IshaqIshaq Member

WHT said: Statuscake is the best out there. I have tested many of them but all with fake alerts.

NixStats is pretty accurate?

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • WHTWHT Member

@Ishaq said:
    NixStats is pretty accurate?

Dident tried it. I have tested pingdom, uptime robot, cloudstats and 2-3 others and all was sending fake alerts.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@CFarence said:

Have you tried NodePing? Those guys rock IMHO. Yes, they don't have a shiny web 2.0 bling bling UI, but you get absolutely nowhere that much service & quality for such a low price.

Thanked by 2raindog308 NodePing
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

TheLonely said: InfiniStats

Thanks for the mention! You can try us out at http://infinitystat.com/ :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

Nodeping is pretty good and pretty cheap.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • Can any monitoring services monitor servers and their processes? Like if a process goes down, I can be notified. Or a port no longer responds?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Feel free to give NixStats a try, free while in beta.

@camjac251 nixstats has process level monitoring (cpu/memory monitoring for each process up to 24 hours) and will have process level notifications soon as well.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

camjac251 said: Can any monitoring services monitor servers and their processes? Like if a process goes down, I can be notified. Or a port no longer responds?

Most of these services monitor entirely from the outside. So in the "port no longer responds" case, yes, and that's a large part of what they do - check if http or https is responding, or even if a certain string appears in the HTML, if your mail port is not responding, etc.

Monitoring a process would require a client to be installed and running on your system. Most of these services do not do that, though many self-hosted products (zabbix, nagios, etc.) certainly can. There probably are monitoring products that work off a client, but I think they're less common because it's more difficult for the provider (versus just opening your port 80 and see what comes back).

• There we go, I was looking for NodeQuery. Thanks @TheLonely

• @zafouhar said:
    There we go, I was looking for NodeQuery. Thanks TheLonely

NodeQuery is old. Better switch to CloudStats.

• swainswain Member

NixStats is wonderful I highly recommend it over Nodequery and most others. Other than that I love statuscake, but I don't think they are active.

Thanked by 1vfuse