Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some help for dedicated IP in cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some help for dedicated IP in cpanel

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,
I need to understand how dedicated IP works in cPanel or apache general.
Say I create an account with IP XXX.XXX.XXX.222 , through cPanel its assigned to only that particular site. The host primary / shared IP is : XXX.XXX.XXX.111 .

I understand that in apache IP based virtual host is added. However, the thing I need to clarify is that when that site makes API request to some other service or server, what IP that other server will see.. will it be shared IP or dedicated IP assigned to that site ?

If I am not clear in my question then please let me know, I will try to explain further.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How will the request be made? Via PHP Curl ?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Apparently its simple http GET request like this :

http://yyy.yyy.yyy.111:9090/process/status.php?Type=status&Data=$data_info&location=DE

Where yyy.yyy.yyy.111 is remote server IP.

And then parsing the result URI for data needing with simple regex.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How will you execute this request ? As it means a lot in terms of what IP will be used.

edited July 2015

Let me give hypothetical example:

I have server A with shared IP xxx.xxx.xxx.111
    I have website named "saahib.com" on it with dedicated IP xxx.xxx.xxx.222

Now, on that site "saahib.com", I have uploaded a file like "remote-data.php" which will make request to remote server yyy.yyy.yyy.111:9090

The content of following looks like this :

<?php 
     $data_info = "SomeString";
     $link="http://yyy.yyy.yyy.111:9090/process/status.php?Type=status&Data=$data_info&location=DE"

$file = get_file_content($link);
      // Now processing data receiving from above URI in $file.
      ?>

So, from what IP yyy.yyy.yyy.111 will see request originating. ?

• Will come from the servers 'main ip', not your dedicated IP. You can make command line curl bind to a different IP, not sure about PHP.

• Usually when you call the server you can use any IP that bonded to server. But server main IP will call you.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited July 2015

If you call the shared ip, you may get blocked by CSF. Speaking from experience.

Well, I did test and I see that request is coming from shared IP ie. main server IP irrespective of any IP assigned to the account making request.
    Now, is it same in case of curl and soap request ?

• @Saahib said:
    Well, I did test and I see that request is coming from shared IP ie. main server IP irrespective of any IP assigned to the account making request.
    Now, is it same in case of curl and soap request ?

Yes

Thanked by 1WHT