Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody can match this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody can match this?

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited July 2015 in Requests

Hi. Anybody can pricematch Buyshared's 125G SSD $7/mo WHM Reseller?

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

Doubt anybody can chuck in a whisky influenced Russian handling support queries for you.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If service works, support is not needed. That Russian just has pure hate towards me.

• BradBrad Member
    edited July 2015

Radi said: That Russian just has pure hate towards me.

Why's that?

• jhjh Member

I can't vouch for them but http://goo.gl/M9HjS5 seems to be roughly what you're looking for?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Raid Pmed

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Can match, no SSD, though. Which shouldn't really matter for shared hosting anyway. SSD caching, though.

• @jhadley said:
    I can't vouch for them but http://goo.gl/M9HjS5 seems to be roughly what you're looking for?

WTF, people buy/sell hosting on ebay??

• NdhaNdha Member

@Brad said:

because little missunderstanding between them..they had strict rules which is good..but......

• edited July 2015

@kcaj said:
    Doubt anybody can chuck in a whisky influenced Russian handling support queries for you.

You laughed at the indian guy that died . I made no comments and now this?

• @inthecloudblog said:

It's no secret that Aldryic is a Russian likes to drink!

http://buyvm.net/about-buyvm/

The only thing kcaj got wrong is that he likes rum, not whisky[see link above for citation] :)

• I might have not understood then. I'm on my mobile ( I know Aldryic ) likes some spirits and as Francisco said you'd better not meet him in the abuse dept :o.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited July 2015

@inthecloudblog said:

Dear god, don't take everything that seriously... The title of that indian thing nearly begged for that joke and this time @kcaj's comment was appropriate IMHO. If you were ever in the BuyVM IRC, you would know that those comments are meant in a funny way, even Aldo would agree to that. He's a nice guy - and very strict aswell, but I guess that's needed for doing finance & abuse stuff.

Just saw your recent post, all fine then :) Guess it might look like some accusation but it's all in a fun way, Aldo would agree to that aswell.

@OP: Have you tried talking to Aldo? He's strict but if you're reasonable, you might get a second chance.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

OP's case is a little more unique than "Aldryic's an asshole". Aldryic is strict but OP has some issues he can't easily get around with his signup.

I'll try to barter with a bottle of scotch in the morning and see what can be done, but given he's soviet, he's very much 'either i enforce policy on everyone, or no one' >_>

Francisco

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited July 2015

Is he really Russian? Never have seen such weird name

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • rds100rds100 Member

That's obviously not his real name, just a nickname inspired by some computer game.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

real or not, the name sounds cool.. like that of a norse god

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

if alcohol is involved, i am all in...

@alexvolk said:
    Is he really Russian? Never have seen such weird name

Yeah, he's rusky.

@rds100 said:
    That's obviously not his real name, just a nickname inspired by some computer game.

If only :P It's his real name.

Francisco

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited July 2015

Try this https://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/reseller-web-hosting.php

Price not lower, but no limits.

About BuyShared, i am pretty sure there are no SSD. From the clients i have access too, it looks like SATA 2 out there, and CPU completely oversold.

P.S. As i am pure Russian, have to say, that this picture is not Russian. There a mess in Europe/USA that "Russian" = all people currently live in Russia and nearer countries. That's the same as call niggers, which live in USA, "Americans" (though you may call them so, they are not Americans by blood).
    So the guy from the above picture is probably Azerbaijani ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan ) or Uzbek ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbekistan )

• FredQcFredQc Member

P.S. As i am pure Russian, have to say, that this picture is not Russian.

That's @Francisco, not Aldryic... You can't read don't you ? :P

Seriously I found Buyshared very good for the price! Sure the boxes must be oversold at some point to make profit but that doesnt mean you get poor quality... Load is always <5 on his 24 threads server, that's not even 50% use...

Thanked by 2Francisco netomx

Profforg said: About BuyShared, i am pretty sure there are no SSD. From the clients i have access too, it looks like SATA 2 out there, and CPU completely oversold.

Uh? The busiest node we have is lv-shared01 and it's sitting at 50% total usage. To be fair, lv-shared01 had its issues due to it having ~60GB of data in innodb due to a single reseller importing 30,000 databases, but once we sent them packing and did some cleanup SQL has been just fine.

As for if it's SSD's or not:

(12:51:11) lv-shared02:/var root: smartctl -d sat --all /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.43 2012-06-30 r3573 [x86_64-linux-2.6.32-531.29.2.lve1.3.11.1.el6.x86_64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-12 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Device Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB
    Serial Number: S1D9NSAF420833P

There's obviously 4 drives in there but i'm not going to spam this thread.

And yes, that picture is of me, my father immigrated from Portugal in the 70's and my grandparents on my mothers side immigrated to Canada in the 40s~50s and she was born here (but still european blood). Good eye ;)

Francisco

• My experience with buyshared has been pretty good so far.

They had some planned maintenance that was supposed to take 4 hours max to complete, but after nearly 24 hours of downtime with no explanation or updates, I noticed they changed my IP without telling me. Otherwise, the performance has been superb, with no need for support.

I just pray that the day I do need support, Aldyric isn't on the receiving end of my ticket. I have had the misfortune of dealing with his "support" for buyVM servers and it was always a bad experience to say the least.

grillmaster said: I noticed they changed my IP without telling me.

If you had a reseller account you likely had a misconfigured IP address and were bound to the 'global shared IP'.

We wrote up why that maintenance took so long (tl;dr bummed RAID card). As for Aldryic's support, there's lots of people that prefer working with him to me and such. He knows his stuff and gives fairly detailed replies.

Are you sure you didn't deal with Anthony maybe?

Francisco

• @kcaj said:

I'm part Russian, but it's mostly beer or wine for me, sorry OP.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Profforg said: There a mess in Europe/USA that "Russian" = all people currently live in Russia and nearer countries.

This narrative is supported by Russians themselves. Whenever they wish to conquer some land, the rights of the "Russians" living there are "trampled" on, or simply they do not like the leadership of that country for "their" nationals.
    Actually, when Stalin and others "migrated" people to the reconquered areas to replace their original populations killed in war/orchestrated famines/"migrated" to Siberia, etc, he did not export real russians (of russian ethnicity), for example the factories built in Estonia or Ukraine were paying better than in the Caucasian area, but not better than in Russia proper, which itself is not and was not populated only by russians, even from creation.
    What Europe considered russians at first were ukrainians, they were only a part of the tribes which later would establish the russian empire to the north as many had to leave when the tartars (mongols) came, and which include scandinavian, uralic and turanic/turkic people which they assimilated more or less (for example, the Bulgarians were not originally slavic, but were assimilated and became part of the culture).
    As such, even the early middle-ages russians were not all slavic in appearance (blondes/very white with green eyes, etc), but many dark skinned ones, similar to the bulgarians, for example, but part of the same culture to which brought their distinctive elements.

• @Radi Contact with us on livechat for price matching.

• KodisKodis Member

Just registered for shared tryout :)
    In this picture above the guy is not Russian for sure ;)

• WHTWHT Member

Thats the guy from goodhosting lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

WHT said: Thats the guy from goodhosting lol

Indeed, he is very albino.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • inthecloudblog said: nd as Francisco said you'd better not meet him in the abuse dept :o.

Or pre-sales because something is telling him that forced neighborhood homeowner's association Internet is a "VPN" when Hotwire is a US company.