Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic MOTD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dynamic MOTD

nikcnikc Member
edited November 2012 in General

Looking for any examples folks have of usefull MOTD scripts showing system status etc ...

Anyone have any examples they use and would care to share ?

Danke!

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

Here's mine.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? ....  . ..~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  ...O?.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  .NMMMMN         MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM,        ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..MMMMMMM.       :MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM     ~  . ..=~....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMZ.   MM7. ?MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  .  ?MMMMM.~  ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ+.MMM  MMM .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  DIOMMMMMM$  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. M. OMMMMMMMMM  OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?  MMMM  .DMMMMMMM..M=. MMM    MM .ZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZ .MMM.    7MMMMMM. MM. MM    . M  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMO  MMN     .MMMMMO .MM.  M.     M .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN .MMM~.  .MMMMMM. .MMM,. Z,  .M. +MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMI. IO.   ,MMMMMM.  O.    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.          .=MMMMMMMMMMI   .  .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?.     .MMMMMMMMMMMMM$. .   ,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMI      :MMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.      MMMMMMMMMMMMMO      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7      MMMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMM..   . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.      .MMMMMMMMMMMM.       MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM       MMMMMMMMMMMMN        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMD   ~M   DMMMMMMMMMMD   :M    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.   MM   OMMMMMMMMMM   .MM.   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   .MMM   7MMMMMMMMM    MMM.   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+   MMMM   ?MMMMMMMMM   7MMM.   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   =MMM    7MMMMMMMM7  .MMM~   .7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$  .MMMM.   .MMMMMMMM.  +MMMM     MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.  :MMMMD.   .MMMMMM   .MMMMMN    ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMM.    MMMMMM   MMMMMMM,   IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  ,MMMMMMMM. OMMMMMMM7MMMMMMMMMM=MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You are being monitored.
                              Authorized Personnel Only.

Its not dynamic as you can see, but it does bring a sense of humor into the mix.

• AshAsh Member
    edited November 2012
  •                         -------------
                            W A R N I N G 
                            -------------

THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM. 

This computer system including all related equipment, network devices (specifically 
    including Internet access), are provided only for authorized use. All computer systems 
    may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is 
    authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized 
    access, and to verify security procedures, survivability and operational security. 
    Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized personnel and their entities to test or 
    verify the security of the system. During monitoring, information may be examined, 
    recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. All information including personal 
    information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Uses of this system, 
    authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. 
    Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of any such 
    unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal or 
    other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these 
    purposes

Host: vps3.sparklingclouds.nl

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii: you realize that basically means nothing in a legal sense, right?

• @joepie91 I know but I like it :)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 said: @Raymii: you realize that basically means nothing in a legal sense, right?

@joepie91 - actually, here in Dubai, it has a meaning. They basically say, you have to put a notice that unauthorized access is not allowed. Without it, you do not have the ball in your court if something "bad" happens :P

regards,
    R. Alkhaili

• But it's not dynamic ! :)

• I have this on my BuyVM (default MOTD for most templates is a pony).

^[[1;32m>implying I let furry hosts control my MOTD^[[0m

@nikc said: dynamic

I'm fairly sure that you can't put that kind of stuff in /etc/motd, but I once looked it up a while back and there should be some way to execute a bash script that prints your system info or whatever once you log in through SSH.