Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multibrand For WHMCS stories ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multibrand For WHMCS stories ?

Hi,

I want to merge 2 whmcs portal with Multibrand For WHMCS.
Is here somebody that used Multibrand For WHMCS succesfuly ?

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

do you mean the modulesgarden module ? never used it, but have considered it a few times. also interested in other's experiences

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Does it work with the new WHMCS 6.0.1?

• @Bruce said:
    do you mean the modulesgarden module ? never used it, but have considered it a few times. also interested in other's experiences

yes, modulesgarden module

• You know my feelings on anything coming out of ModulesGarden. I haven't tested that module but have tested 6-7 of their modules and not one worked as described.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I don't think so. One of my client (not development, web design part only done by us) was using few module garden plugins on his whmcs installation and it breaks the whmcs most of the times. Actually we had to disable those modules to test the integration of the template.

edited July 2015

@sdglhm said:
    I don't think so. One of my client (not development, web design part only done by us) was using few module garden plugins on his whmcs installation and it breaks the whmcs most of the times. Actually we had to disable those modules to test the integration of the template.

That would be expected after what ModulesGarden did delivering modules for OnApp. I end up spending a few hours every release to fix the module before enabling it for the Customers... Good the modules they did for OnApp weren't encoded.

• BruceBruce Member

@Clouvider said:
    That would be expected after what ModulesGarden did delivering modules for OnApp. I end up spending a few hours every release to fix the module before enabling it for the Customers... Good the modules they did for OnApp weren't encoded.

sell them the bug fixes :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Clouvider said: That would be expected after what ModulesGarden did delivering modules for OnApp. I end up spending a few hours every release to fix the module before enabling it for the Customers... Good the modules they did for OnApp weren't encoded.

Oh. They were using more than OnAPP module and all of them were buggy as hell. I sincerely cannot understand the tactic behind their sales.

Bruce said: sell them the bug fixes :)

I've given them for free on OnApp Users LinkedIn group. I had a good day :).

edited July 2015

AndreiGhesi said: I want to merge 2 whmcs portal with Multibrand For WHMCS. Is here somebody that used Multibrand For WHMCS succesfuly ?

Have you considered a problem with data encryption ? Both sites will have a different key and so after migration you will face issues with Credit Cards and passwords.

• @Clouvider said:
    Have you considered a problem with data encryption ? Both sites will have a different key and so after migration you will face issues with Credit Cards and passwords.

That is not a problem. I can import the clients using the whmcs importer then I assign the client to the brand I want.

I just want to know from somebody who is using the module if is ok in production or should I keep 2 whmcs portals.

Well, you're putting all your business on a 3rd party module that has been delivered by a company that doesn't have the best reviews when it comes to reliability. I personally would keep two separate portals.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lots of people have had lots of issues woth MG, I think if you are going to do it ask them for confirmation in writing that it works is fully tested, has no outstanding bugs and if any are found they will be fixed within 48 hours.

if they wont give you that assurance then you have your answer, if you go ahead anyway then thats on you if it goes wrong.

there was a lot of bad feedback on that modules page on the whmcs app store some time ago.

Thanked by 1Clouvider