Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on Plesk 11?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thoughts on Plesk 11?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited November 2012 in General

I noticed that not a lot of hosts did Plesk 11, and taking a look at the panel itself, and the UI, I personally think it's better than cPanel. What do you think?

Comments

• I personally prefer it, it's just that customers would probably prefer the familiarity of cPanel. :(

• @lele0108 said: I noticed that not a lot of hosts did Plesk 11, and taking a look at the panel itself, and the UI, I personally think it's better than cPanel. What do you think?

Your customers will probably want Cpanel. We've toyed with both Plesk and DA in the past, customers just want Cpanel.

There's also a few basic features Cpanel has that Plesk still does not implement. Email sending limits being one of those.

• @lele0108

I am slowly developing lots of love for Plesk as it's way more professional.
    cPanel is for people with very low knowledge of websites.
    DirctAdmin is for budget providers, it's ugly, their website is shit and the interface is shitty

• I'm interested in offering it, but not sure if there is a market for it.

Heck, for regular shared hosting customers, do they even know what cpanel/plesk is?

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2012

The way Plesk 11 works just makes me feel warm inside, but I'm working out some issues with them on my atom before I'll put it to real use.