Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who do you trust your business with? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who do you trust your business with?

2»

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@HostNun said:
    davidgestiondbi 2 weeks? Are you just worrying out loud or did that actually happen?

Ho yeah, it's happen at this time.... unfortunately I can't disclose the host for the moment... and also, not the right place. Let's keep this thread on topic. ;)

• edited July 2015

William said: I did not see any increase in v6 announce in their AT, AU and HK locations either.

One /50 block is more than enough if they're using IPv6. I saw some providers giving 1000's with one dedicated server so that won't be a big deal.

• HostNun said: @4n0nx said: I would . . . not go to companies that show presence on LET if my business depends on it.

I look at LET as a way to advertise / a way to help a larger community as a whole (e.g. when questions are asked etc.) Guess some people don't see it this way.

I may be small but you have to start and grow from something (when you don't have a large backing force).

• Presumably some businesses are too aloof for the LET demographic. That's okay, but I don't see why a host can't cater to more than one demographic. I also don't see how 'presence' on LET necessarily reduces a host's capability beyond it.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @HostNun said:
    Presumably some businesses are too aloof for the LET demographic. That's okay, but I don't see why a host can't cater to more than one demographic. I also don't see how 'presence' on LET necessarily reduces a host's capability beyond it.

Completely agree, my plans span a decent price range and I'm thinking of more.

• @4n0nx there's no need to respond, but with all due respect, if you're using LET to mark hosts that are not reliable for business-use then why are you here? I understand that this forum has its ups and downs, but your cynicism seems a bit exaggerated.

• edited July 2015

@dediserve said:
    Simply, we're better :)

We focus on enterprise hardware and platforms, with great support, but at price points more in line with the budget providers like DigitalOcean / Linode / vps.net etc.

By building only HP Blade server clusters with datacenter SSD's we've built a reputation for solid performance and rock solid reliability over the last 6 years.

On a simple benchmark basis, our clouds are faster than almost anyone else out there, and (humbly) blow rackspace out of the water.

The larger hosters are our primary source of business, we offer free migrations in also!

Guys I've tasted Buffalo and Texas and both were in lousy Cc network. I have to admit you'd been always (not sometimes) there to help and James well James makes the difference. Such a polite and well educated guy .He knows what he is talking about.
    Also love the server speed and that I can hammer my resources without complaints.
    Everything is 10/10 minus CC .

I do not make use of quality dedi servers myself but bulk instead.

I make use of linode for ecommerce and only had a minor glitch which was a ddos and they've answered promptly to it in their blog and through tickets.

Also make use of leaseweb (US and NL) for misc stuff.

Had tested vultr and they do tolerate high loads and their nl vms (8gig one ) is super fast.

Have a shared account with @KuJoe and could not be happier. I believe this is our 2nd year with them.

Have ramnode for vpn related and nginx .

Make use of $1 mo atlantic 256kvm to fiddle around .

And have some more hehe

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

I guess at the end of the day.

I see Dediserve the best value for money and quality network.

Vultr im not sure if i can trust them....it feels like digital ocean.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

@inthecloudblog said:
    Guys I've tasted Buffalo and Texas and both were

surprisingly delicious!

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

@MeanServers said:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Thanked by 2MeanServers elflord
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@hostnoob said:
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo!

huh?

• doughmanes said: I can't recall it was quite some time ago, possibly "abuse related". If you're going to be in any kind of public "hosting" business, you'll have abuse. I talk to the guy I heard it from his experience regularly, I'll ask him next time which will be the next day or two.

Please PM me regarding who this is, I myself am genuinely curious who you are referring to, are you sure they were going through us directly, and not via a reseller or someone who colocated with us?

We are "web hosting provider friendly," and try to be as lenient as possible with abuse complaints but at the same time maintain a fairly clean network - how the abuse process works is we forward each and every complaint to the customer and provide them with a reasonable time frame to resolve them. I'm happy to address any concerns regarding this.

• davidgestiondbi said: Personnaly, I would recommand Quadranet and Choopa. Fast support anytime, good reliability and good network.

Thank You! We sincerely appreciate your business.

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2015

HostNun said: Mere presence on LET means a host is incapable of being dependable to the demographic your business resides in? Isn't that a bit absurdly dismissive?

Hosting is a buyer's market and real buyers with real money can be as dismissive as they want. One hand is more than enough to count the companies on here I would trust with anything at all - and even if you can trust the company, can you trust all of the other customers that came from here to not cause trouble on your shared service? How about all of the angry kids running competitors who learned how to use a botnet?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

HostNun said: , if you're using LET to mark hosts that are not reliable for business-use then why are you here?

Did you forget about non-business-use? But yes, you are right. Why get a LET VPS when reputable companies offer the same for less these days?

Thanked by 2jh sin
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited July 2015

@jhadley said:
    Hosting is a buyer's market and real buyers with real money can be as dismissive as they want.

They sure can. I'm not trying to argue or defend any particular host here, I only meant there are usually (if not always) exceptions to the rule.

Make a list of every single host that advertises on LET. At the top of the list, write the phrase "Not reputable enough for business-use" in bold. Gaze smugly at the list for long enough to have internalized it as true, etc.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

2 words: fucking shiiit!!! :o

As for people on LET, of course, there is something for everyone's taste, except those that need it to be expensive, but I am sure, if you look hard enough, you find some plans and some ranges/brands which are expensive as heck. We are selling from all brands, even though not all are present in whmcs/hostbill, much more of the expensive ones, albeit, of course, not so many in numbers, just in overall value.
    An E3 with 2x 256 GB SSDs is 200 Eur a month for friends, others rent it for 49, still we do not have enough to cover the demand, even if they are blades in supermicro's microclouds. With management, a dedicated goes for 1 k a month...

• netsujitnetsujit Member
    edited July 2015

@davenz
    have you looked into Datacom's Orbit data centre. Haven't tried them but I saw their data centre around a year back while driving through Rosedale, North Shore. Pretty sure it will be cheaper than Vocus.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

@cassa said:
    If you want to be really secure, go with CyberBunker

Well, I guess the NSA lost their jobs as a result of not being able to take them down...

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@doughmanes said:
    Getting kicked out of Quadranet/LA is definitely a common thing. I've personally seen it myself with a past provider I worked for, heard it from a guy in the industry in a similar circumstance and from time to time, we see it posted on here/WHT.

Getting kicked out of QuadraNet/LA is common? What do you mean?

@doughmanes said:
    I can't recall it was quite some time ago, possibly "abuse related". If you're going to be in any kind of public "hosting" business, you'll have abuse. I talk to the guy I heard it from his experience regularly, I'll ask him next time which will be the next day or two.

We do not kick anyone out, unless they're not complying and sorting out abuse complaints but we understand that abuse is very common and can and will happen and we certainly work with our customers.

edited July 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Personnaly, I would recommand Quadranet and Choopa. Fast support anytime, good reliability and good network.

But, I don't care to pay a bit more and have support and knowledge than pay $49/mo and need to wait 2 weeks for a simple hardware reboot or server provisioning......

Thanks!

• @MeanServers said:

The Mobile predicted sheet lol

Thanked by 1MeanServers
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

doghouch said: not being able to take them down

Nah, they are only looking to take a backup from time to time and add a few files on selected servers.

• Well I personally slowly migrate to new providers as they gain my trust, response time, reliability, and uptime are key factors.

• @dustinc, do you have a list of who QN peers with in the Los Angeles location?