Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-)

124»

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Traffic said: @Yoda For that template, you need to comment out all rackster-server mirrors and turn the German debian mirrors into ftp.debian.org.

My Wheezy sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
    deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main contrib non-free

Thanks for that, added it to the "How To" till we sort out the templates for IPV6 only.

• rsk said: Thanks for that, added it to the "How To" till we sort out the templates for IPV6 only.

You're welcome! :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

joepie91 said: That's not "donating". That's pay-what-you-want. Donations necessarily yield nothing directly in return - that's what makes them donations.

Calling it "donating" is misleading, non-profit or not.

joepie91 said: Calling it "donating" is misleading, non-profit or not.

Since the term "donating" is killing a lot of people, its decided to be renamed to something else :)

• @rsk said:
    Since the term "donating" is killing a lot of people, its decided to be renamed to something else :)

Is that feature available in WHMCS or the VPS panel? I don't see a link for the upgrade. Also you mentioned an ipv4 for ssh, are you referring to that console IP address or is there a port forwarded address available?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Is that feature available in WHMCS or the VPS panel? I don't see a link for the upgrade. Also you mentioned an ipv4 for ssh, are you referring to that console IP address or is there a port forwarded address available?

Support told me: Not yet.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @Nomad said:
    Support told me: Not yet.

Not yet for upgrade or not yet for ipv4? Or both?

• TheOnlyDK said: Not yet for upgrade or not yet for ipv4? Or both?

There is a port forwarded to SSH directly on IPv4, not in the Console. It's in the "How To" section.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Got the mail but too late lol

So @rsk should I wait tomorrow at the same time?

Well to prevent fraud maybe some fraud detect service or manual activation works.

An invitation link may also works but don't sure if WHMCS has a way to support that.

Anyway thanks for the offer =)

TheOnlyDK said: Is that feature available in WHMCS or the VPS panel? I don't see a link for the upgrade. Also you mentioned an ipv4 for ssh, are you referring to that console IP address or is there a port forwarded address available?

Just like @Traffic said, if you login to the VPS panel, and choose the VPS, there is a link on the left navbar that says "How To", the information is in there.

The upgrades will be for double resources (pay-what-you-want), or additional HDD, or additional BW, or additional RAM (the free additionals such as hdd, bw, or ram would probably be given on successfully completing in house surveys, or a similar scheme).

So now its possible to pay-what-you-want and get double resources, as well as completing a survey to get additional hdd,bw,ram etc.

All upgrades are yet to come, and there will be a link in the vps panel when they are ready :)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

justin4869 said: Got the mail but too late lol

So @rsk should I wait tomorrow at the same time?
    Well to prevent fraud maybe some fraud detect service or manual activation works.
    An invitation link may also works but don't sure if WHMCS has a way to support that.
    Anyway thanks for the offer =)

Unfortunately, I can't promise anything at all. In total though, we are aiming to get all the 300+ signups a free VM over batches. They are not daily batches though.

• ehabehab Member

Thank you very much rsk, i got mine today :D

بارك الله فيك

• @rsk said:

Thanks for the info, I wish I could read better :) By the way, might wanna consider adding an SSL cert for the control panel, since SSLs are so easy to get and are standards nowadays anyways.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

TheOnlyDK said: By the way, might wanna consider adding an SSL cert for the control panel, since SSLs are so easy to get and are standards nowadays anyways.

+1.

There is ssl, i have to check configs. But it was definitely working.

• @rsk said:

It's a self signed cert and not enabled by default.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    It's a self signed cert and not enabled by default.

The one we had running was definitely not self signed.

• @rsk said:
    The one we had running was definitely not self signed.

I'm referring to the control panel, not WHMCS. Unless there is a problem with my computer ..??

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I'm referring to the control panel, not WHMCS. Unless there is a problem with my computer ..??

All panels have ssl, but i think some configs changed on the server. Im checking it out.

• ATHKATHK Member

@rsk said:

Expired 111days ago or is misconfigured.

Was working fine yesterday however.

• Hosted on Dacentec.

2x
    cpu MHz     : 800.000

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.64175 s, 231 MB/s

dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync;rm test
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 4.30612 s, 62.3 MB/s

Much better than some of my paid VPSs, and will be great to test an IPv6-only environment. Thanks a lot @rsk!

• @Traffic said:
    Hosted on Dacentec.

2x
    > cpu MHz       : 800.000
    > 
    > dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    > 1024+0 records in
    > 1024+0 records out
    > 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.64175 s, 231 MB/s
    > 
    > dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync;rm test
    > 256+0 records in
    > 256+0 records out
    > 268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 4.30612 s, 62.3 MB/s

Much better than some of my paid VPSs, and will be great to test an IPv6-only environment. Thanks a lot rsk!

The CPU is that set by rsk or is that power saving on? Run cat /proc/cpuinfo

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: The CPU is that set by rsk or is that power saving on? Run cat /proc/cpuinfo

power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

It won't change when under stress.

• @Traffic said:
    It won't change when under stress.

Ah it's still free whoop whoop

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Ah it's still free whoop whoop

?

• Here is a detailed review of this VPS package https://freevps.us/thread-16703.html

• kandosankandosan Member
    edited August 2015

Ooops

We have sent out an email to all of those who were selected! If you did not get an email, or you want to signup, please wait till we open our signup process again soon.

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited August 2015

Managed to setup SoftEther VPN Client and link it to another IPv6 Enabled VPS to have IPv4 connectivity.

After doing port forwarding on IPv4/IPv6 Enabled VPS to Layer.ae VPS, I am able to SSH in and have IPv4 connectivity.

It works almost like 4in6 Tunnel.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2015

Unfortunately this nice free service has shutdown recently, without much explanations.. :-(

• @farsighter said:
    Unfortunately this nice free service has shutdown recently, without much explanations.. :-(

D-d-d-deadpool!

Thanked by 1Shigawire