Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

South Africa VPS Host1Plus $1.50/mo (50% Off coupon code)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

South Africa VPS Host1Plus $1.50/mo (50% Off coupon code)

TrafficTraffic Member
edited July 2015 in Providers

I just received it by email, enjoy! This makes it the cheapest deal I've ever seen for this location :)

Promo code - VPSZA50 || 50% discount for VPS hosting in our South Africa location. Valid for 1-12 month billing cycles. Can be used by new and existing clients, more than once.

https://affiliates.host1plus.com/ref/vps/e2a58a98.html

Not affiliate link ( if you choose this, no problem, we're still friends:) ): http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker

Comments

• WorldWorld Veteran

One-time discount.

• ClarkClark Member
    edited July 2015

how is the network like ?

• AkitoAkito Member
    edited July 2015

VPS25OFF and VPS30OFF are working for other locations. Guess it's 1 time only though.

• host1pus is a very good vps provider, but I guess this price is a little higher. I can use the DigitalOcean Vultr Ramnode and so on with a liitle cheaper price. And also they are KVM and fully SSD Disk,not the SSD cache. So looking forward they will put on more promo code in the future.

• @nocheers DigitalOcean, Vultr and RamNode don't host in South Africa. Host1Plus is good, both there (Johannesburg) and in Brazil. The only alternative I'm aware of is VPS.co.za in Cape Town.

• Just don't expect to keep that VPS forever - This is obviously just a way to obtain more AFRINIC space before it runs out, they already rent out their LACNIC netblocks to VPN providers....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

They still charge for TUN/TAP?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

William said: This is obviously just a way to obtain more AFRINIC space before it runs out

Well they are around with the ZA location for more than a year by now
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/host1plus-com-2month-256mb-openvz-in-south-africa-brazil-germany-or-the-usa/
    so even if it was a pump and dump operation, it's not something that they started just now, and perhaps not something they will now end very quickly.

• Yea, i did not mean within a few months (like IP Systems Ltd. and others) - More likely within a few years (like IP4Less or whatever it's name is). So still a pretty good deal for this time.

• For the record the brazil location was non consistent to pings ( lot's of spikes and then back to normal).
    also the guy from maxihost ( I believe they are reliable) laughed at their pricing saying they were not realistic..

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@inthecloudblog said:
    also the guy from maxihost ( I believe they are reliable) laughed at their pricing saying they were not realistic..

Obviously the pricing is very low for the location, this to farm tons of IPv4 space as @William explained. They own large subnets which I'm sure were obtained with dubious justifications to say at least.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

@Nyr said:
    Obviously the pricing is very low for the location, this to farm tons of IPv4 space as William explained. They own large subnets which I'm sure were obtained with dubious justifications to say at least.

Anyway, the pricing is only for the 1st year, which means (for me) they know it's too low (they're doing this on purpose, not unrealistically) and that is good.

In fact, I did not add the following to the OP, but they also sent me in the same email:

(stock is limited, so it will be available till it lasts)

• ClarkClark Member

nocheers said: host1pus is a very good vps provider, but I guess this price is a little higher

serious? can you find cheaper offer for ZA vps? Please share it here:)

• Host1Plus offers VPS and web hosting services with a 75% discount until 2015-08-01 with a promo code HAPHOST75.

Thanked by 1Traffic