Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore outage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore outage?

Anyone else on one of the old Buffalo Specials - 256mb-LEBSpecial? Two of mine went down around 8:52 AM EST and I haven't heard anything from the ticket I put in around then. Normally they're pretty quick to respond. Didn't know if anyone knew of an outage.

Comments

• titustitus Member

My 'BronzeVZ' VPS (not special) is down too about half day ago, but I got a short answer to my ticket: They are working on the problem, and will update my ticket. I hope it will be back to online asap. Usually I'm satisfied with them.

• blackblack Member
    edited July 2015

My 32MB in buffalo is up right now.

• Still down. They said the CPU died but I haven't heard anything since 7/24. Really disappointed with how this was handled.

• same here.. still down.. I'm on IronVZ

• I also got the same excuse about the CPU dying, then radio silence. I'm doubting that we're going to see refunds but I'm hoping that they sack up and do the right thing. Can't believe they just ghosted like that, what a poor way to handle the situation.

• SprkFadeSprkFade Member
    edited July 2015

This is the last message I've received even though I've been asking for updates:

07/24/2015 17:41 Michael Strickland || Staff

The node your VPS is on is experiencing a hardware failure somewhere on the CPU. We have ordered another CPU and will have it installed ASAP. At this time we have no reason to believe any data loss has occurred. We sincerely apologize for the extended outage.

Thank you for choosing IPXcore!

Have a great day,
    Michael

This whole situation is very uncharacteristic of them. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but considering the lack of updates and the pretty slow turnaround I'm probably going to switch providers after I can get my data off the box.

• My vps is back online after 6 days. Looks like they have placed the failed hardware.

• Both of mine are up now too. They even updated the ticket and said they replaced the hardware.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

How long does it take to order a new cpu?

• did they order it off of ebay or something?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said:
    How long does it take to order a new cpu?

Not that long, it's the shipping that takes time :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Overnight it?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said:
    Overnight it?

Depends on the price :)

• people still clinging on desperately to their 50 cent per month vps?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

:)
    Well, it is fun, for the host too, we still offer those to old customers, now with ssd upgrade :D
    Not sure what the usage can be, 50 MB ram, 50 GB traffic, 2 GB disk. A couple of years ago, were still ok for some DNS or bouncers, I am not sure people still use them now since the same 50 cents can buy much more today.