Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NGINX planned for cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

About time though, glad to see it finally on the horizon... and will definitely migrate to it when it comes out.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I would have been sprinkling with joy at this — had it been years ago...now I'm probably going to stick with LSWS; unless there is a significant advantage or feature missing which may appeal to me, or which may fit as the better choice depending on purpose, etc,.

Anyway, it's good that they are probably (?) going to implement it :)

• Oh boy...

• It's definitely time for it in my opinion!

• AmitzAmitz Member

Yay! :)

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2HostMyBytes coolice
  • It's great to see official support coming for it, as it's something that we've done for customers in the past. Surely cPanel will make it very easy.

• Plesk had NGINX support some time back

• too late. or just me?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Would be more interested in the panel itself running off Nginx than just customer vhosts. Wonder if that card is in the deck...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • It'll be interesting to see how the config for the vhost will be modified. Since there isnt an htaccess like thing for Nginx, making rewrite, redirect and other rules will be interesting.

• @techhelper1 said:
    It'll be interesting to see how the config for the vhost will be modified. Since there isnt an htaccess like thing for Nginx, making rewrite, redirect and other rules will be interesting.

Tbh they are almost the same, especially for rewrite - many sites offer conversion scripts! I won't be changing though, happy with Apache 2.4's performance and scalability .

• techhelper1techhelper1 Member
    edited July 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    Tbh they are almost the same, especially for rewrite - many sites offer conversion scripts! I won't be changing though, happy with Apache 2.4's performance and scalability .

@linuxfish:

lol... Apache and "performance and scalability" in the same sentence.

Also, "almost the same" is not true, there's no .htaccess file that can be read from user space vs the web config itself. You'd have the expose the config for that virtual host and that can lead to a lot of problems itself.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • NomadNomad Member

@techhelper1 said:
    Also, "almost the same" is not true, there's no .htaccess file that can be read from user space vs the web config itself. You'd have the expose the config for that virtual host and that can lead to a lot of problems itself.

I'm pretty he sure he told it only in similarity/functionality and convertibility for syntaxes.

• About time

• It will take at least two years until cpanel will integrate it.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Very nice, It will be easy to switch from Apache to Nginx when you will get a error on apache server. ;)

Bad for Litespeed. ;)

• VMNodeVMNode Member

@alexvolk said:
    It will take at least two years until cpanel will integrate it.

na, it will be implemented before 2 years

• Late to the party by a few years. LSWS looks OK except for that silly no adult content requirement. I can't guarantee that 100% on shared hosting.