Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net anyone used them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net anyone used them?

jkr1711jkr1711 Member
edited November 2012 in General

After trawling the internet looking for some cheap dedi's I came across:

http://online.net/fr/serveur-dedie

Not heard much about them but apparently big in france, pricing is pretty cheap but not of Kimsufi level.

So has anyone heard/used them? I might give them a go soon.

I've read somewhere you need a french bank account to use them but I can't see anything on their site about it (using my limited French language skills)

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited November 2012

Kimsufi/OVH reseller i think looking at the first plan

• No, they arent a reseller - they run their own DC, a division of Free.fr (a large DSL ISP in France).

• @jkr1711 said: using my limited French language skills

You need good French language skills if you want to order something from online.net, because support and billing are in French language only. Support area has a pretty extensive documentation both on technical and administrative issues. The price you see on the site is valid for automatic bank transfer monthly payments (the charge will be issued 10th-15th of the month). According to the billing documentation, credit card payments are subjected to a 19 Eur fee plus 350 Eur upfront safety deposit. You can always ask more information to the pre-sales support (in French, of course). On the support forum, I read some complaints about slow ticket responses, but this is expected from a budget provider.

• @jkr1711 said: has anyone heard/used them?

I bought several domains with them (they have sometimes good price), but no dedicated server. However, I know plenty of people who rent their servers. There was a time when they were even cheaper than OVH.

@William said: a division of Free.fr

Actually it is the reverse. Free is part of Online.net. Very big for DSL ISP, growing in Mobile, not so much for domain names, hosting, etc because of their TOS (which clearly target only the french market).

@pcan said: credit card payments are subjected to a 19 Eur fee plus 350 Eur upfront safety deposit.

The fee is for payments by checks. For cards, it seems only the deposit is needed but that needs to be confirmed.