Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting Down?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting Down?!

AaronAaron Member
edited November 2012 in General

I can't get to my VPS!

Is it down for good this time?

Comments

• My crystal ball says: ..... MAYBE .....

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

You sound surprised...

• @dominicl said: You sound surprised...

this.

• @Aaron said: Is it down for good this time?

Nope, they have a superior network therefor they are not down.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Not possible. They have superior infrastructure, managing to get whooping 50% uptime.

• Nothing on Twitter. Contacted support?

As others have said.. unlikely to be a network issue. It's better than everyone elses

• yea, and refund never came, probably went to Constantinos.

• Just wait a while, It'll AutoBOOT Soon.

• he's scamming dedis now, probably the node has been repurposed.

• Does this constitute #winning ?

• !lol this is not a CVPS thread pubcrawler

• :) Oh I know. (burp)

Avante has been on the implosion watch list for a while now.

Yet, another Minecraft host going the way of the dinosaur.

Guess that is one of my host criteria, if they are into Minecraft hosting or their parent company is, I run like hell.

• Not all Minecraft Hosts are bad ;)

• AaronAaron Member
    edited November 2012

Damn it! This was my worst hosting decision since I went with a 1 year plan at Quality Servers! (Hi @jtodd!)

• @pubcrawler so you run from RamNode?

• Probably Police seized the server like Hostitek says.

• If you are having issues I can go ahead and recreate you on one of our new nodes which have hardware RAID and SSD.

Please PM me your VPS ID

Thanks

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ChrisK said: If you are having issues I can go ahead and recreate you on one of our new nodes which have hardware RAID and SSD.

Cool, so if a server is down you simply replace it with another :)
    Screw the data.

• @Maounique
    If a client needs their data we can do a transfer.

• My kvm is down for 24h now...

• AaronAaron Member
    edited November 2012

Like many people here, I have a VPS collection. When there is an outage, I expect my VPS provider to have a web page or RSS feed that lists ongoing outages (like @miTgiB, Ramhost, and all competent providers have). When the node my VPS is on requires that they "recreate you on one of our new nodes ", I expect an email from my provider. @SwordfishBE has also been down for 24 hours. Where are the emails, @ChrisK, telling us the node is down and that you're moving us to something that works? Why should we have to send you an email here?

There are plenty of lowend providers who run a clean shop. Avante Hosting is not one of them.

• and after 11 days of uptime, here goes AvanteHosting again, without any news or updates as to what happened.

• @SimpleNode

lol, it must be stuck. Obviously not working..

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Guys, get this straight in your head right now: Avante is NOT going to implode or deadpool or anything like that. It appears Chris has TONS of funding at his disposal, enough to overcome massive problems and keep the ship "afloat" (whatever that means in this context). Avante may be a bad host or may provide bad service or whatever you want to say, but Avante's not going anywhere unless Chris gives up (which he won't--he's stubborn and proud) or dad stops footing the bills (which I think would have happened already if it was going to). So bash them all you want, but stop the doomsday predictions. Just get used to it.

• @eastonch, RamNode does game servers too?

Nah, I like RamNode. Actually just signed up for a VPS with them. Glad they aren't promoting Minecraft on their ramnode.com site.

Things like this impress me:

I/O speed : 753 MB/s

Gbps is another impress point. Tired of the 100 speed servers with 50 VPS instances competing for the world smallest throughput to the internet.

As for Avante and another Chris on the fence with customers. I like that these folks have all this money and are #winning. That won't last though. They need to invest in competent staff, man their tickets and become transparent and quick about issues. And, perhaps most of all they need to get monitoring systems installed with active, annoying outputs that notify their competent staff of problems when they happen.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited November 2012

@pubcrawler We offer Minecraft, and we advertise Minecraft along with our VPS plans on our main website. Are you going to "run like hell" from us? D:

• Hehe @SimpleNode. I know, saw that on your site when becoming a customer :)

It's concerning. But, so far, so good with you as a provider. We'll see what happens when I put that node in production. See we are at 14 days of uptime with you folks. Think that's the longest of our current VPS providers.

• @pubcrawler We have SSD-Cached KVM coming soon. By then, Minecraft will only be 25% of our products :)

• I think the SSD-cached KVM is a good move @SimpleNode. Too many OpenVZ offers lately. Good on decreasing percent of biz in Minecraft.