Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Hosting or Managed VPS for my website.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Hosting or Managed VPS for my website.

ylmsylms Member
edited July 2015 in Requests

Hello guys,
I wanted to make a new request since I know what do I want. My website is an raffle website which uses many ajax requests, and it consumes a lot of resources by time to time on my shared hosting at the moment. So I want to change it with an new hosting or a VPS.

My average usage of resources is:
20 / 100% CPU
189 MB of 1024 MB Memory Usage
765 of 1024 MB Physical Memory Usage
10 / 50 Entry Processes

I am looking for a high bandwith and highspeed connection. I need it to be DDoS protected.

PS: I already have an VPS but I don't know how to setup hosting to it so I am only looking for managed VPS or Hosting.

My budget isn't really high but I'd like to have offers and pick one of them which fits to my budget.

I can send my website URL on PM if anyone wants to see it.

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

ylms said: I can send my website URL on PM if anyone wants to see it.

I'm really curious. Can you send me the URL?

Also, where are your visitors from?

• ylmsylms Member

@Traffic said:
    Also, where are your visitors from?

From US and Europe mostly. PM has been send.

• You're best to go with a managed VPS.

• ylmsylms Member
    edited July 2015

@concerto49 said:
    You're best to go with a managed VPS.

Yup, looking for offers. :)

• @concerto49 said:
    You're best to go with a managed VPS.

You didn't read did you...

• Jonchun said: You didn't read did you...

I did and with all the features required - it'd be next to impossible on shared hosting.

• Just did a benchmark for this provider, and I'd recommend it:

HostMyBytes Managed cPanel VPS $29/mo
    2 GB Dedicated RAM
    45 GB SSD Space
    1500 GB Bandwidth
    x2 CPU Priority
    1 IP Address
    cPanel License
    Server Configuration + Hardening
    DDoS Protection
    Order Now

I have tested both locations and I'd recommend you to go with Quebec.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • ylmsylms Member

@Traffic said:
    Just did a benchmark for this provider, and I'd recommend it:

HostMyBytes Managed cPanel VPS $29/mo
    > 2 GB Dedicated RAM
    > 45 GB SSD Space
    > 1500 GB Bandwidth
    > x2 CPU Priority
    > 1 IP Address
    > cPanel License
    > Server Configuration + Hardening
    > DDoS Protection
    > Order Now
    > 

I have tested both locations and I'd recommend you to go with Quebec.

Hello, thanks for interest and offer. I am looking for something cheaper at the moment. :)

• ylms said: Hello, thanks for interest and offer. I am looking for something cheaper at the moment. :)

Well, managed VPSs usually go with cPanel and that alone drives the price up. What is your budget like?

• ylmsylms Member

@Traffic said:

I can go 10 dollars perhaps 15 max.

• @ylms said:
    I can go 10 dollars perhaps 15 max.

You're not even going to get semi managed with your budget.

• @Traffic thanks for the recommendation :)

ylms said: Hello, thanks for interest and offer. I am looking for something cheaper at the moment. :)

@ylms Managed VPS are going to run from $25 to $50/m for a base plan. Unfortunately you won't be able to cover even a cPanel license with a VPS with pricing in the $10 to $15 range, let along support.

• ylmsylms Member

@HostMyBytes said:
    Traffic thanks for the recommendation :)

ylms Managed VPS are going to run from $25 to $50/m for a base plan. Unfortunately you won't be able to cover even a cPanel license with a VPS with pricing in the $10 to $15 range, let along support.

I don't really need cPanel, do I?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@ylms you're better off paying separately for the initial VPS setup than for a managed plan.

• ylmsylms Member

@perennate said:
    ylms you're better off paying separately for the initial VPS setup than for a managed plan.

Yes that's what I need. :)

• ylms said: I don't really need cPanel, do I?

It depends on what your usage plans are, but you would likely be fine without it. The problem is that most managed providers will require you to have cPanel as it takes care of most of the admin work.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

ylms said: Yes that's what I need. :)

Well, we (Luna Node) offer managed support at $60.00/hour billed in fifteen minute increments for services on our platform. A simple one-time vestacp installation could be done for free, some basic optimization may be 15 to 30 minutes depending on to what it extent it involves altering the application or MySQL tables and such, more specific setups would vary based on your needs. We have this plan in OVH BHS (near Montreal, with OVH's DDoS filtering):

• 1024 MB RAM
    • 2 virtual cores
    • 1500 GB bandwidth
    • 20 GB storage
    • $5.18 monthly

More information: https://wiki.lunanode.com/index.php/Managed_Support and https://dynamic.lunanode.com/info.php

• ylmsylms Member

60$ hour? It's a bit too much... Thank you,

• I can offer the following;

1GB RAM

2 Cores

1TB Bandwidth

20 GB Storage (RAID 10)

$15 / Month (Basic Semi-Managed Support)

It'll be a VestaCP installation.

• GM2015GM2015 Member

Not to pick on you, but it's not expensive. See a lawyer or accountant in the UK. Your site get fucked up you wish you spent a few hourly rates for someone helping you.

ylms said: 60$ hour? It's a bit too much... Thank you,

Thanked by 1Profforg
  • ylms said: My budget isn't really high but I'd like to have offers and pick one of them which fits to my budget.

As i told you in PM - 10$ / month estimately is the cheapest if you want your website to not have errors.

You don't really need managed service (as @perennate said - 60$ per hour is fair enough price for this). What i recommend/offer - is one-time operation; optimization of your website parts (fix ajax requests crazyness, make MySQL faster, e.t.c.) for around 30$.

Perhaps you should try to monetize your website with little advertisements to be able to order better service. I think you have no other way. What you search is just not exist - hell cheap hosting for bad-made high-loaded website. It will either lag a lot or will cost you much.

• ylmsylms Member

@Profforg said:
    Perhaps you should try to monetize your website with little advertisements to be able to order better service. I think you have no other way. What you search is just not exist - hell cheap hosting for bad-made high-loaded website. It will either lag a lot or will cost you much.

I will consider this after I get all offers

• ylmsylms Member
    edited July 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Not to pick on you, but it's not expensive. See a lawyer or accountant in the UK. Your site get fucked up you wish you spent a few hourly rates for someone helping you.

I guess I didn't get the point, aren't managed VPS's are costs like around 30$ for month? Why would I pay 60$ for hour then?

• @ylms said:
    I guess I didn't get the point, aren't managed VPS's are costs like around 30$ for month? Why would I pay 60$ for hour then?

How about consider this you do realize the people you are going to be bugging need to be paid(for example if they have to be up at 2am fixing whatever for you they expect to be paid good for the hours of sleep they will lose and the coffee & five hour energy bottles they will have to use.)
    as let me just give you a little hint labor like that doesn't come cheap.
    furthermore I want to say in my opinion if I have to be up at 2am or earlier to fix whatever is wrong I expect to be paid well for losing sleep and the negative health benefits that come with that as in my opinion if I have to be up when I would rather be asleep you better be paying me very well or like most people are trying to tell you forget it as this kind of "managed" support doesn't come cheap considering when you are usually referring to "managed support" you usually mean 24/7 or whenever help is needed support(which comes at a cost as I said above)
    so I would recommend you either learn how to do it yourself or basically suck it up and pay someone to do it for you that like I said doesn't come cheap.(or if you cannot afford it forget it as no one is going to "manage" nothing for the amount you are willing to pay.

• ylmsylms Member

@timnboys said:
    so I would recommend you either learn how to do it yourself or basically suck it up and pay someone to do it for you that like I said doesn't come cheap.(or if you cannot afford it forget it as no one is going to "manage" nothing for the amount you are willing to pay.

Well I have two managed VPS offers for around 15$ month. So you are making me no sense.

• @ylms said:
    Well I have two managed VPS offers for around 15$ month. So you are making me no sense.

I wish them luck then from one computer tech to another lol(as they will need it)
    /s

• ylms said: Well I have two managed VPS offers for around 15$ month. So you are making me no sense.

Well that would be the cheapest labor cost in the industry so far. I think they're using child labors or something. ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ylmsylms Member

@sdglhm said:
    Well that would be the cheapest labor cost in the industry so far. I think they're using child labors or something. ;)

I don't even know why are we even having this conversation on my request topic. I got my offers and I am ok with them.

• NomadNomad Member

Good luck on your search then.
    But I wonder... If you already have 2, why search for a third?

Either let them install your system in it or get another VPS from them.

• hi @ylms i can help you managing your vps for only $5.
    you can check my service here https://goo.gl/UZMrF2