Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk 11, The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk 11, The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.

ztecztec Member
edited November 2012 in General

When trying to add the nginx component for Plesk 11 I get the following error : The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.

I installed google's mod_pagespeed before this and removed the repo from yum as this might cause the error, but it didn't make any difference.

Centos 6.3 64bit + Plesk 11 + mod_pagespeed is the only thing installed.

I can't use Plesk support because I'm still on trial period.
Hope you can help, thanks.

Comments

• Do you happen to know what the required packages that were missed are?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2012

Bad template maybe? I've installed Plesk a lot of times all without issues on clean OS's. The nginx component should be included by default on a new install.

• I used the centos + plesk install from OVH... maybe not a smart move.

• @ztec That's your problem. I hate the ovh templates, I've had issues installing plesk on them because of the stupid grsecurity kernels they use.

See http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4199

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2012

Tried to reinstall to centos 6.3 but net boot failed, waiting for their tech to fix it, lol.

Well Tech support is fast at least, they will perform an hardware diagnosis between now and 15 minutes.

• jhjh Member

Try installing the Atomic repo