Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget providers in Australia and New Zealand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget providers in Australia and New Zealand?

JamesBotJamesBot Member
edited July 2015 in Providers

Or any other Oceania locations such as Papua New Guinea? IPv4 required.

Looking to see a single provider that has both locations at under $5 a month.

I understand at this price point there won't be many options, if any. I am okay with slight downtimes and slow speeds as long as the price is cheap enough.

Specs can be extremely low. 128 MB RAM, 1 GB Storage, The Worlds Worst CPU Core, and even 100 GB of Bandwidth.

Comments

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited July 2015

I believe ransomIT will fit what you're looking for.

EDIT: Link, incase you're allergic to google. https://www.ransomit.com.au/vps

• @Umcookies said:
    I believe ransomIT will fit what you're looking for.

EDIT: Link, incase you're allergic to google. https://www.ransomit.com.au/vps

Needs to be monthly billing though, lowest they have is quarterly, plus its a little more then I'm looking to spend.

• @NumaPlay said:
    Needs to be monthly billing though, lowest they have is quarterly, plus its a little more then I'm looking to spend.

Afraid I don't know of any single provider that has both locations for less than that. Only place that comes to mind is a Australian LES box, however it's a NAT VPS and has 50gb of bandwidth.

• @Umcookies said:
    Afraid I don't know of any single provider that has both locations for less than that. Only place that comes to mind is a Australian LES box, however it's a NAT VPS and has 50gb of bandwidth.

That would of been fine if it came with an IPv4.

• ATHKATHK Member

@NumaPlay said:
    That would of been fine if it came with an IPv4.

What do you need the IPv4 for? If it's just HTTP/S traffic you can route that through CloudFlare or use LES's reverse proxy thingamabob.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

Vultr has Sydney for $5/mo

Don't know of any cheaper than that with a dedicated IPv4

• JamesBotJamesBot Member
    edited July 2015

@ATHK said:

I need access to all ports.

• ATHKATHK Member

@hostnoob said:
    Vultr has Sydney for $5/mo

Don't know of any cheaper than that with a dedicated IPv4

I would really advise against them in Syd, the location is totally swamped..

• @ATHK said:

How's that?

• We have a 512MB plan in Sydney for $3.5/month

• @concerto49 said:
    We have a 512MB plan in Sydney for $3.5/month

Yes I know, I just contacted you about that.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

If its any help we are doing a 50% off recurring promotion until the end of the month on our line up in Auckland, New Zealand.
    (Cheapest VPS is 512MB Ram @ $2.25)

For more info: http://lowendbox.com/blog/zappie-host-new-zealand-vps-offers-starting-at-225-month-for-a-512mb-openvz/

• @Zappie said:
    If its any help we are doing a 50% off recurring promotion until the end of the month on our line up in Auckland, New Zealand.
    (Cheapest VPS is 512MB Ram @ $2.25)

For more info: http://lowendbox.com/blog/zappie-host-new-zealand-vps-offers-starting-at-225-month-for-a-512mb-openvz/

I also have a plan with you already.

Thanked by 1Zappie
  • NumaPlay said: Yes I know, I just contacted you about that.

Sounds good. Will let you know.

• @ATHK said:

Ah, not used their > @concerto49 said:

We have a 512MB plan in Sydney for $3.5/month

Please add this to your stylesheet

li.haschildren {
        cursor: pointer;
    }

It's driving my OCD insane

• hostnoob said: Please add this to your stylesheet

We're replacing the site completely :) It's in the works. We just pushed out a new Query Foundry site earlier and the Cloud Shards site is in the works.

• ATHKATHK Member

@inthecloudblog said:
    How's that?

Spun up an 8 core awhile back, Bandwidth was slow as hell, getting like <500kb to 1MB from cache fly on several occasions.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2015

@oliver RansomIT again, not sure if LEB offers are still valid? Link Removed
    Also LES has IPv6 with NAT in Sydney,
    Another one: https://shop.networkpresence.com.au/cart.php?gid=5 $3 a month

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

I don't have any LEB offers available now. I think I've already been in touch with the OP and I can't really help in this case; sorry.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • NumaPlay said: Papua New Guinea

You're dreaming if you think the islands will have anything even remotely close to LEB range.

• @telephone said:

I didn't actually mean Papua New Guinea, I mean something else around that area.

• @NumaPlay said:
    I didn't actually mean Papua New Guinea, I mean something else around that area.

There is maybe 1 or 2 providers in that region. Happy with 512k speeds?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

kgovps.com ?

• @concerto49 Could you please have a look at my PM when you have time?

• Traffic said: @concerto49 Could you please have a look at my PM when you have time?

Will do.

• ATHK said: Spun up an 8 core awhile back, Bandwidth was slow as hell, getting like <500kb to 1MB from cache fly on several occasions.

Been better in recent times. There was really bad performance a while back due to simply not enough bandwidth coming in to deal with the DDoS being sent at the Gameservers.com server farm (Choopa = Vultr = Gameservers). That said it has improved heaps, I think they got a second 10GbE link from Equinix (hosted in the SY3 DC) as well as some local peering on various IX'es which has helped significantly. They have also got IPv6 available too. Decent value & performance now.

That said, you have CloudShards in the LEB area, and then not much. Most of the other 'Sub $7' providers are not really worthwhile. You need to push to $10 and then you hit RansomIT & BinaryLane.

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • We've a special right now, which includes Sydney, but over your budget (and spec) somewhat - http://news.dediserve.com

• @NumaPlay if you can afford @dediserve ( ~$8USD a month ) go for it!
    I get 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, 10GB NFS, 10GB Snapshot and 2TB of bandwidth for that price.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @NumaPlay also, there is LES in Sydney, that fits your needs and price, but no IPv4.
    You can set up HAProxy to forward 80/443 to the server on a certain domain, and VPN can run on a custom port ( you get 20 IPv4 ports with LES ) without issue.

• htunhtun Member

@NumaPlay keep an eye on @dediserve, they might run LET special deal 1GB Cloud Machine @$5.5/month or @$55/year. You can deploy it in their current 13 locations which is including Sydney.

Thanked by 1dediserve