Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Public proxy checker?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Public proxy checker?

24khost24khost Member
edited November 2012 in General

We don't allow public proxies, I am sure there are other host who don't allow them. Do you have a script that checks? If so which one or is it home made and where do you get the ip list from you check against?

Comments

• jhjh Member

www.blockscript.com is one option

• I'm not sure I understand the question, or at least the method you intend to use to find them.

Surely all you'd do is portscan, then if you find a listening port, test it to see if it's a public proxy?

What would the ip list do?

• So you would check all ports for all of your customers for a running proxy? Sounds like a lot of trouble.

• @jhadley problem with that is we allow private proxy but not public proxy.

@Gary if there was a daily dump that we could get of public proxy ip's then i could write a php script that would allow me to see our ip's that were being used as a public proxy.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

@Corey Not what we want to do. We just want to check if it is being used as a public proxy.

• @24khost said: @Corey Not what we want to do. We just want to check if it is being used as a public proxy.

Just because it is a public proxy doesn't mean it made it to some 'public proxy' list.

• @Corey No but every little bit helps

• If it was indeed a public proxy, the abuse complaints come quick

• @24khost said: if there was a daily dump that we could get of public proxy ip's then i could write a php script that would allow me to see our ip's that were being used as a public proxy.

Ah, I get you. Well nah, there's not like some central list of public proxies. There are lots of sites who post lists of public proxies they've found by portscanning (or stealing the lists from other sites) so I guess it'd be quite easy to write something to collate it all and check for IPs in your ranges.

Most of these sites' public proxies are running on residential PCs, in my experience.