Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediServe 50% for Life! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediServe 50% for Life!

2»

Comments

• Correct, the deal applies to all global locations for the duration of the promo...

All locations are Xen, except Hong Kong, which is our first KVM.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@dediserve said:
    Correct, the deal applies to all global locations for the duration of the promo...

All locations are Xen, except Hong Kong, which is our first KVM.

Those deals always apply to all locations? Snap, that's the only thing I could criticize... should have waited a bit longer then :)

• rokokrokok Member

@dediserve said:
    All new Hvs will be Kvm

Jakarta will be KVM too? nice

• @rokok said:
    Jakarta will be KVM too? nice

Correct yes!

• Quick question, as we're evaluating our routing options.

Would you prefer to pay a 'location' premium to deploy in a location with direct China Peering, or prefer to pay a 'china' premium to add that network in that location only if you needed it?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Awesome offer, only $8 for 2GB RAM instead of $16.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2015

dediserve said: prefer to pay a 'china' premium to add that network in that location only if you needed it

Disclaimer: I'm not a client (yet).

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • No china optimized route???????

• @dediserve said:
    Quick question, as we're evaluating our routing options.

Would you prefer to pay a 'location' premium to deploy in a location with direct China Peering, or prefer to pay a 'china' premium to add that network in that location only if you needed it?

How to order? and price?

• We can provide a direct connection to china routes, the cost right now is $50 per account (no server limit). We're also evaluating options to perhaps increase slightly prices for HK, but provide china direct by default.

• RDXRDX Member

@dediserve said:
    Quick question, as we're evaluating our routing options.

I would prefer to pay a "location" premium. Personally, the reason why I am looking at Hong Kong is because of possible China routing. But I am happy with both options.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @dediserve said:
    All new Hvs will be Kvm

So no KVM for Ams? And no Debian 8 for Xen? Your last answer left me wondering.

• I've been hosting my site with dediserve since August last year, I'm 100% happy! I love the fact I've got 2 dedicated CPU cores :)

I pay less than £7 per month for a 2GB VPS and it flies! considering adding a second server to act as a dedicated MySQL machine - not that I need it because the performance is stellar on the one VPS, but it would be a nice addition :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @dediserve Could you provide us with the looking glass? Love the price btw.. Heading for annual plan, if the ping looking good from our side (Jakarta). Cheers...

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @pakhaji said:
    dediserve Could you provide us with the looking glass? Love the price btw.. Heading for annual plan, if the ping looking good from our side (Jakarta). Cheers...

http://lg.dediserve.com

Jakarta deployment is up next (we'll move you if you want to deploy in Singapore or Hong Kong first :) )

Thanked by 2NanoG6 pakhaji
  • hiepbghiepbg Member

Dediserve have a good speed to Viet Nam
    I did some test:
    Unixbench
    Dediserve 2CPU 2GB (Hong Kong): 2397.8
    DigitalOcean 1CPU 1GB (Singapore): 1456.3
    DigitalOcean 2CPU 2GB (Singapore): 2112.7

Great deal !
    But without coupon, it is a little better than DO.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • How does the Disk IO compare? Our datacenter SSD's are much much faster than DO's :)

• sonicsonic Veteran

@dediserve said:
    Thanks for the mention, we may run a separate LET special later in the week.

Still waiting for this :)

• @sonic said:
    Still waiting for this :)

Unfortunately management decided that give then costs in Hong Kong, a LET special wasn't sustainable just yet. But the 50% promo was extremely successfull (so much show we've another pallet of blades arriving at the DC this morning) so that may change in the coming week.

in the mean time, we're focused on getting Jakarta online now asap.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@dediserve said:
    in the mean time, we're focused on getting Jakarta online now asap.

Keep up the good work! You guys are awesome

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • hiepbghiepbg Member
    edited July 2015

@dediserve said:
    How does the Disk IO compare? Our datacenter SSD's are much much faster than DO's :)

Dedi has disk IO ~450mb/s, more stable than DO