Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small dedicated server with multiple IP options under €35/m?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small dedicated server with multiple IP options under €35/m?

midmid Member

I'm torn between multiple KVM machines and having my own dedicated server running multiple VM.

The issue is I wasn't able to find a dedicated server with ~4 IPs under €35/m.

The closest I got is soyoustart SYS-IP-1, but with taxes it goes over my budget (~€43).

Server should be located in EU.

Am I searching for the impossible? :)

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

It is not impossible to find a server with 4 IPs for less than 35 EUR/ month but it also depends what else do you expect the server to have - i.e. what CPU, RAM, HDDs, etc.

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2015

i can give you in Romania , quad core 2.66 , 12 gb ram , 500 gb hdd, 1 gbps port speed , 1 ipv4 includeed 35 eur/mo and +ipv4 1 eur/ip/mo up to 256 ip. PM if you are interesed. NO VAT

• SadySady Member
    edited July 2015

Sorry :(

• midmid Member

@rds100 said:
    It is not impossible to find a server with 4 IPs for less than 35 EUR/ month but it also depends what else do you expect the server to have - i.e. what CPU, RAM, HDDs, etc.

Well, I guess the bare minimum would be:

• Quad Core CPU
    • 8GB ram
    • 100/100 with 10TB bandwidth
    • 320GB raid or single 120GB SSD
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

@mid said:
    I'm torn between multiple KVM machines and having my own dedicated server running multiple VM.

The issue is I wasn't able to find a dedicated server with ~4 IPs under €35/m.

The closest I got is soyoustart SYS-IP-1, but with taxes it goes over my budget (~€43).

Server should be located in EU.

Am I searching for the impossible? :)

Hello there,
    If you're interested, we can offer you a vmWare Dedicated Server for 35 EUR/mo with the following specs:

4 Cores | 6 GB RAM | 400 GB HDD | 4 IPs | Romania DC

If you need more than one VM, we can split the resources above into multiple machines, however you need. All of them will be placed in your account.

For more informations, please contact me to andrei at hetnix.ro :)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    MSPNick

Sadly. I come in at 45 euros for an e3.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Andreix how is he going to run KVM virtualisation inside vmware Virtual Machine ?

• SadySady Member
    edited July 2015

Take a look at online.net's C2750, CPU isn't enough for virtualization & comes with 2.5" HDD but meets your budget :)

• midmid Member

@Sady I looked @them but noticed they don't offer additional ips unless you pay €20/m for business package that offers up-to 16 failover ips.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

@Clouvider said:
    Andreix how is he going to run KVM virtualisation inside vmware Virtual Machine ?

Hello there,

If you read my post, I said that we can split the resources into multiple vms, so he gets the vms directly from us.

Thank you.

• rds100rds100 Member

mid said: Well, I guess the bare minimum would be: - Quad Core CPU - 8GB ram - 100/100 with 10TB bandwidth - 320GB raid or single 120GB SSD

I can offer a server with a modern dual core (intel haswell) CPU within your budget. By the way, where are you from? What's the VAT rate for your country?

• midmid Member

@rds100 25%.
    Server specs, price?

• SadySady Member

@mid said:
    Sady I looked them but noticed they don't offer additional ips unless you pay €20/m for business package that offers up-to 16 failover ips.

It's that same server:
    Looks like they do offer individual IP (/32) but don't offer IP blocks unless you've business support.

• midmid Member

@Sady nice find! I seems they do offer additional ips for €2/month. I hope they aren't hard as Hetzner about giving them. I'll look into a review of Intel C2750.

• SadySady Member
    edited July 2015

@mid said:
    Sady nice find! I seems they do offer additional ips for €2/month. I hope they aren't hard as Hetzner about giving them. I'll look into a review of Intel C2750.

I did one earlier today but that's about online.net & well you won't even have to justify the usage of IPv4 :)
    C2750 isn't that powerful though but does the job.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2015

Seflow has i5 2500 available if you fancy Italian location. Free upgrade to 240GB SSD when you configure the order. €22 for server + €10 for a /29. Still over budget with taxes?

https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/

• cociu said: PM if you are interesed. NO VAT

how exactly do you get around NO VAT ?

• Small company exemption - Company outside EU - Private person/Sole trader

Legal - Illegal - Legal

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015
    X3210
    8GB Ram
    1 x 240GB SSD
    4 IP's
    /64 IP6 available on request

€35 p/m or bump that CPU up to a X3220 for €1.25

Rotterdam - Netherlands, I can come down a bit for longer terms.

Ant.

• rds100rds100 Member

William said: Small company exemption - Company outside EU - Private person/Sole trader

Legal - Illegal - Legal

>

There is no exemption for E-services VAT. All traders from the EU must collect e-services VAT, regardless of their size and legal form.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

rds100 said: There is no exemption for E-services VAT. All traders from the EU must collect e-services VAT, regardless of their size and legal form.

Unless the customer is outside of the EU or is a registered business not registered for VAT within the EU and is prepared to show documents to that effect.

• rds100rds100 Member

@AnthonySmith yes, of course. VAT is for selling to not VAT registered end users inside the EU.

• ehabehab Member

if i was you i'll add 5 and go with Inception Hosting.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

rds100 said: There is no exemption for E-services VAT. All traders from the EU must collect e-services VAT, regardless of their size and legal form.

There is - Small companies in Austria and Germany (Kleinunternehmer) do pay VAT but do not collect any VAT from customers. Sole traders below 50000EUR yearly turnover do not pay VAT in Austria either and do not have a VAT ID.

• rds100rds100 Member

William said: There is - Small companies in Austria and Germany (Kleinunternehmer) do pay VAT but do not collect any VAT from customers. Sole traders below 50000EUR yearly turnover do not pay VAT in Austria either and do not have a VAT ID.

There is such limit in all EU countries, but it only applies to normal VAT. e-serivces VAT should always be collected and reported, the limit there is zero.

• midmid Member

@DalComp said:
    Seflow has i5 2500 available if you fancy Italian location. Free upgrade to 240GB SSD when you configure the order. €22 for server + €10 for a /29. Still over budget with taxes?

https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/

Hi, yes, it goes to €40/month with taxes but thanks for the find! :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

rds100 said: e-serivces VAT should always be collected and reported, the limit there is zero.

The Austrian government/IRS does not separate between VAT offline and online, just checked at FInanzonline.

• @mid said:
    Hi, yes, it goes to €40/month with taxes but thanks for the find! :)

Them taxes are too high, move somewhere else lol

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

AnthonySmith said: Unless the customer is outside of the EU or is a registered business not registered for VAT within the EU and is prepared to show documents to that effect.

That's only partially correct.

If the business is located within the EU and is not registered for VAT, but has VAT number the provider is not accounting for VAT, but the buyer must (and providers do report EU VAT Sales quarterly with details, how much to which VAT number) arrange to pay VAT in the local country.

If the business is located within the EU and is not registered for VAT and does not have the VAT number the provider is accounting for VAT at the buyer local VAT rate and pays this amount either directly to buyer's local tax authority or quarterly via MOSS system.

If a person has TAX residency within the EU the provider is accounting for VAT at the buyer local VAT rate and pays this amount either directly to buyer's local tax authority or quarterly via MOSS system.

Either way - you pay VAT on EU services if you're within the EU. Always. With exception of VAT registered business with valid EU VAT number or documents proving they are registered for VAT in their registration country.