Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nightmare with domain.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nightmare with domain.com

cnsoftcnsoft Member
edited November 2012 in General

As you know, domain.com give some free coupons for register .us domain for 1 year. so i got one. out of my expected, it is the nightmare. let me explain what happened. After i select the domain, their system prompt me an error "issue setting up account, please contact support ". first i select Paypal as the payment checkout method, so i change to credit card... the problem still appear, but .. but some im message sent from the bank in my cell phone, it seems 5.9$ be checked out . it is the night time, even though their system display 0$ as the billing info , but the money be checked out from my credit card.
free .us domain is my nightmare. i believe domain.com too much. so later, i try to submit again.. but the same thing happened, money be checked out, not account be processed . Anyone occur the same issue ?

Comments

• cancel it thru cc. charge-off..

• No, but I don't know why an accidental purchase of a .us domain is a "nightmare".

Did you read the small print?

• Joy surfeited turns to sorrow.

• If it sounds too good to be true...

PS: it said please contact support... but I don't see you mentioning that you contacted support.

• cnsoftcnsoft Member
    edited November 2012

i did have contacted them. the online chatter told me to contact them with phone +18004033568 . so each time i need almost 15 min.. i told them my issue. they told me not find my account in their system. i can understand it, since the web page show me the account hasn't been created. i told them my credit card no. they told me they can't find the charge record ... interesting? but from bank side, the payment happened. 5.9$ * 4 11.8$ *1 . whenever i try to click the checkout button, money is checked.

• Personally after the first failed attempt, I would have backed off and not attempted the checkout form for a while, seems like you did the classic mistake if trying checkout over and over again.

Did you not have an Order # on the checkout page or email notification?

Basically I'd chalk it up and move on.

• their system is always there, not order# be showed . that is the reason i think the charge not happened. bless it is the bank side problem ...

• ok, now ,i guess that im msg from bank side identify domain.com part is checking.
    not bill charge happened.

• Besides: Isn't it necessary to be an US-American citizen to register .us domains?

• @Amitz said: Besides: Isn't it necessary to be an US-American citizen to register .us domains?

Nope, you can specify that you are a foreign entity