Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anybody who has StartSSL - EV SSL?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there anybody who has StartSSL - EV SSL?

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited July 2015 in Help

Hi guys,

Finally i started the startssl - ev type. Now seems the personal validation done after 2 week. What about the EV SSL. Yes i saw the things on their website.

But what about you guys? Is there any company who use startssl EV SSL type?
Is it a pain to do the Ev type?

Once i did the comodo EV SSL and it was easy. Very easy actually... what about there?

Regards

Peter

Comments

• I don't suggest use use StartSSL EV because... it doesn't work. It's even stated on their website.

• @doghouch said:
    I don't suggest use use StartSSL EV because... it doesn't work. It's even stated on their website.

Explain please :)

• Well, it seems to work now. Unfortunately, not all browsers will show the green bar. Plus, the end-user won't trust the certificate as much (as a result of the authority) in comparison to e.g. Geotrust, Verisign (Symantec now) or Digicert.

• @doghouch said:
    Well, it seems to work now. Unfortunately, not all browsers will show the green bar. Plus, the end-user won't trust the certificate as much (as a result of the authority) in comparison to e.g. Geotrust, Verisign (Symantec now) or Digicert.

Well i tested with many devices and their cert is appeared.

Hmm.. another way is comodo but this is just single domain. And startssl provide unlimited SAN.. Thats the hard choose... What do you think :)?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

Comodo is still more trustable. (I wouldn't suggest Comodo or StartSSL/StartCom at all, but this is my opinion).

(On the side note) I believe GlobalSign offers multi-domain EV SSLs (SAN).

• @doghouch said:
    Comodo is still more trustable. (I wouldn't suggest Comodo or StartSSL/StartCom at all, but this is my opinion).

(On the side note) I believe GlobalSign offers multi-domain EV SSLs (SAN).

For now the price is a big factor. I only tried comodo. But with startssl i could secure every domain and subdomain..

Thats why its hard to choose.

• Well, it's your choice ;)

• @doghouch said:
    Well, it's your choice ;)

Finally comodo won. Because of compatibly and their document validation much easier...

• tommytommy Member

not me, but joker.com use startssl ev.

• @tommy said:
    not me, but joker.com use startssl ev.

I cant see the green bar at my chromne browser :/

• How much the cost?

• @budi1413 said:
    How much the cost?

200 usd , but at chrome no green address bar.

• @ZweiTiger said: 200 usd

Is that for 2 years? I can't check green address bar since i'm on mobile right now.

• @budi1413 said:

Yes. for 2 year. But you have to done a looong way to be done. And chrome browser not support green bar. You have to be validate by a lawyer office and an accountant office to provide you got the company.

• rds100rds100 Member

ZweiTiger said: And chrome browser not support green bar.

Maybe you didn't install the certificate correctly? Or have something cached? What website is it for?

• @rds100 said:

Chrome not support startssl EV SSL. I checked their forums about the complains..

• Chrome has no support for it currently iirc and ANdroid before 5 does not either.

• tommytommy Member

ZweiTiger said: I cant see the green bar at my chromne browser :/

maybe because Certificate Transparency?

• I recently saw EV certificates without CT showing the green bar in Chrome. Probably the StartSSL EV CA cert is not (yet) on their EV-Qualified hard-coded list.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    Chrome not support startssl EV SSL. I checked their forums about the complains..

@William said:
    Chrome has no support for it currently iirc and ANdroid before 5 does not either.

• @shafire said:

Its mac os x , not windows.

• shafireshafire Member
    edited July 2015

@ZweiTiger said:

You said Chrome...

• Check this:

https://imghost.li/di/TIC5/Screen_Shot_2015-07-21_at_16.png

Does not show EV sign for me at all.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited July 2015

William said: Check this:

https://imghost.li/di/TIC5/Screen_Shot_2015-07-21_at_16.png

Does not show EV sign for me at all.

This has nothing to do with StartSSL and Chrome. It's because Joker's server is using old ciphers.

• tommytommy Member

William said: Does not show EV sign for me at all.

similiar result in chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 (64-bit) / Linux

• It works for me on certain sites not all though.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited July 2015

I was wrong about my post above. Because Joker SSL is still using SHA1, and Google (and Google Chrome) doesn't support it anymore. Reissue SSL would be fine.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/google-accelerates-end-of-sha-1-support-certificate-authorities-nervous/

• tommytommy Member

no luck

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited July 2015

It seems startcom uses the EV CA for non-EV ssls too.