Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why aren't you accepting paysafecard as a payment method?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why aren't you accepting paysafecard as a payment method?

In the last year or so, the availability of paysafecard has exploded in Scandinavia, these cards are now sold in many stores. I have never given it much thought, but yesterday I bought a card and used it on an online service.

I was very pleasantly surprised by it, and must say that this is the most hassel-free payment method I have every tried. However, very few hosting providers accept paysafecard and it made me wonder why?

Comments

• PaySafeCard

• BruceBruce Member

maybe as no-one has heard of it

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

This is the first time I've ever heard of it. If it were more widely used more providers would accept it I'm sure.

• "Buy paysafecard with cash
    and pay online in safety"

Sounds like a Visa Gift Card?

• I bet that PaySafeCard is almost as safe as Moneypak.

• LaXiSLaXiS Member

@nexmark said:
    "Buy paysafecard with cash
    and pay online in safety"

Sounds like a Visa Gift Card?

They are one-time fixed-value prepaid cards which do not work on VISA or MasterCard networks. Here in Italy they are somewhat known but not really that much used.
    I have only seen them used for online games.

• The problem with PSC are the high fees - Depending on your contract with them (which by itself is already hard to get) you pay between 10 and 20% fees.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Because until this very moment I have never heard of it

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited July 2015

There are a couple of providers in Germany who accept it (ok, more than a couple), maybe have a look at their website? They list a lot of them there. Also, hostsailor which are active here accept them. http://www.webtropia.com/ also accepts them.

• I should probably have described what it is. paysafecard is a piece of paper with the values $ 10, $ 25, $ 50, or $ 100 that contain a 16-digit PIN. If you want to buy something online, you just enter the PIN and you are done.

• @DediHigh said:
    I should probably have described what it is. paysafecard is a piece of paper with the values $ 10, $ 25, $ 50, or $ 100 that contain a 16-digit PIN. If you want to buy something online, you just enter the PIN and you are done.

My understanding is that it has considerable commissions.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Like Ukash or LibertyReserve, for the people without Paypal.

But you pay high fees like 20%.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

They're useful for OCHs though. To download all linux distributions your heart desires.

• @William said:
    The problem with PSC are the high fees - Depending on your contract with them (which by itself is already hard to get) you pay between 10 and 20% fees.

Regarding the fees, the provider could still accept PSC but just charge the client. Ecatel for example has 10% surcharge on Bitcoin payments and 5% surcharge on Perfect Money. But of course it's less desirable if you have to pay extra just for the reason of hassel-free payment.

• Delimiter used to accept Paysafe, but settlement is slow and fees are 15-20%. These were popular in Germany about 5-6 years ago but there was very little demand.

• Besides the cost for acceptance/clearing PSC is also not as 100% anonymous as people think - The Austrian government and especially our external security services (Staatsschutz and HNaA) have a very close relationship with them and keep close track of the money trails, PSC cut a deal with them some years ago probably due to money laundry.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2015

Where I live they sell them in every newspaper kiosk and they are quite popular among gamers population as some bigger providers of online games like GameForge accept them.
    The biggest advantage of usage of PSC is that person doesn't need CC/paypal account. In some parts of europe credit cards still aren't so popular among population and many don't have them while we can buy PSC in every newspaper kiosk.

DediHigh said: paysafecard is a piece of paper with the values $ 10, $ 25, $ 50, or $ 100 that contain a 16-digit PIN

My mobile phone provider support even PSC purchase over phone (quick process to get pin number via sms) so I just send sms order to get code almost instantly and then pay with delay (next month phone bill) so no paper actually involved :)

• Find a provider which accept skrill you can load your skrill account with paysafe card

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • PSC => Clients under 18 years who may not have PayPal. (at least in GER)